YouTube A quick question on making content.

FlucksPlae

Rising User
Jan 28, 2021
YouTube
What is your opinion on reducing total burnout on making content and doing YouTube as a whole? I've burned out a heck of a lot in the past and I always have a hard time recovering from it, I always think I should post once every single day... but that causes a burnout on me bigger than the milky way black hole. I get depressed and don't feel like playing games anymore until I can get back into a good mental state.

So any suggestions to help me overcome burnout and reducing it will be helpful, if not a life saving event.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
There's no point in posting every single day if you know it won't be fun. If you aren't enjoying it and are just dumping a video out for the sake of it your viewers will notice too.

Consider:
How about you start off making a video a week? Put some extra time into it, promote it,... and then get to work on next week's video.
Or maybe schedules are just not the thing for you at all, maybe it just makes more sense to just make videos when you feel like it and release them when you like them.

When starting off on YouTube the most important thing is to build up a backlog of good videos your future viewers might want to watch as well after discovering your channel.
Nobody will (in my opinion) care about when they are released at the beginning, whether they're released every monday, every month or every day.

What's most important about doing YouTube, especially while you're not doing it for a living, is to look at it as a hobby in the end. Nobody is forcing you to keep up a schedule, you can record when you feel like it, you can publish a video when you feel it's good.

Rokeya1988

New User
Feb 4, 2021
YouTube
What is your opinion on reducing total burnout on making content and doing YouTube as a whole? I've burned out a heck of a lot in the past and I always have a hard time recovering from it, I always think I should post once every single day... but that causes a burnout on me bigger than the milky way black hole. I get depressed and don't feel like playing games anymore until I can get back into a good mental state.

So any suggestions to help me overcome burnout and reducing it will be helpful, if not a life saving event.
thanks