Best Story based games.....

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I would like hear all your opinions on some best games known for the story.......I have a few examples (Life Is Strange, The Last of Us)

Sidular

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 2, 2016
Canada
sidular.com
YouTube
Dear Esther is a great narrative driven game, though some may argue that it's not a game, and more of an interactive storybook.
Definitely give any of the Telltale games a try. My personal favourite is the Tales from the Borderlands series.
Mass Effect is also a great RPG, with a super rich story environment. Oh, and let's not forget the Halo series.
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons is also one of my all-time favourite games. It's truly something that everyone needs to experience at least once.

Reactions: AFKPlays

Steam Controller Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2016
YouTube
I really like the Sorcery! series for story-based games. They are all narrative games where you make decisions that effect how the game goes forward (if it does; some options lead to your death).

As for a regular game with good storyline, right now I a loving Bioshock, a game I had never played before. I was lucky enough to get all three on sale during the Steam summer sale, so I'm all set.

Another one that I recommend to everyone is Metro 2033 and Metro:2033 Last Light. the gameplay is awesome, and the story is even better, in my opinion. Just playing the first Metro game for a few hours was enough to make me buy the books the two games were based on.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Dear Esther is a great narrative driven game, though some may argue that it's not a game, and more of an interactive storybook.
Definitely give any of the Telltale games a try. My personal favourite is the Tales from the Borderlands series.
Mass Effect is also a great RPG, with a super rich story environment. Oh, and let's not forget the Halo series.
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons is also one of my all-time favourite games. It's truly something that everyone needs to experience at least once.
Woah...so many thanks for the suggestions mate :D

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
I really like the Sorcery! series for story-based games. They are all narrative games where you make decisions that effect how the game goes forward (if it does; some options lead to your death).

As for a regular game with good storyline, right now I a loving Bioshock, a game I had never played before. I was lucky enough to get all three on sale during the Steam summer sale, so I'm all set.

Another one that I recommend to everyone is Metro 2033 and Metro:2033 Last Light. the gameplay is awesome, and the story is even better, in my opinion. Just playing the first Metro game for a few hours was enough to make me buy the books the two games were based on.
Hmm....some people did say Metro was great :D, I should check it out, thanks for the suggestion mate :D

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
To be honest, if I had to say I would say Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I don't know if you ever played it, but to me it's just amazing and I really love any Pokemon game; however, this one stood out to me the most :)
I see....What about the pokemons themselves for that game? I mean.....my fave is the hoenn region in terms of pokemon, And what about the fan made pokemon games like...Insurgence and Reborn?

Marchman_97

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 5, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
YouTube
Manny19_97
I see....What about the pokemons themselves for that game? I mean.....my fave is the hoenn region in terms of pokemon, And what about the fan made pokemon games like...Insurgence and Reborn?
You know I never played them bro, but tell me how are they? As for ruby and sapphire, you must of been excited when they made the remakes :)

Reactions: AFKPlays