Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Just a quick update

The media section has been opened up for 1 week enabling bulk playlist submissions for all freedom partners. Whats that mean? You can submit media videos for free! This will cost no credits, however it will not be sent to the promotion section or be promoted via chat. You must have your partner badge to submit.

Click "Submit Bulk Playlist"

We are looking to populate the media section, this is for search and other purposes. @Anthony Smith Anthony Smith has done some testing and after submitting over 1000 videos from partner content the media section gained an additional 8000 views

Why are you still reading this? Start submitting content! https://freedom.community.tm/media/

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
how does this even work? need help
Do you mean the media section or the forums in general? The Media section is meant to be a place where users of the forums can post their videos, engage with likeminded content creators and comment on similar content, while also providing the opportunity to find something random if your feeling lucky. The forums are a place for content creators to come together, create and engage in discussions, find help to issues they may be having, get hints and tips from fellow creators, responsibly share their content, and come together to chat :)
I canny submit
As far as I am aware you need to be a Freedom partner in order to post in the Media section, though @Koala_Steamed can correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: Abdul rahim

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
@zeke morgan thank you so much[DOUBLEPOST=1502389699][/DOUBLEPOST]but how did u manage to put your link which shows your subscribers ?
Go to the personal details section of your forum profile and then scroll down until you get to the YouTube Channel section. Then enter in your channel ID - not the whole link. So from what I can see from your profile this would be - UCGSChBxYGWpvAINUlvTmcaQ
Don't forget to save the changes and then it should change after a minute or two :)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Abdul rahim

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 10, 2017
India
YouTube
Go to the personal details section of your forum profile and then scroll down until you get to the YouTube Channel section. Then enter in your channel ID - not the whole link. So from what I can see from your profile this would be - UCGSChBxYGWpvAINUlvTmcaQ
Don't forget to save the changes and then it should change after a minute or two :)

Thank you so much :)

Rezar

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 10, 2017
YouTube
Just a quick update

The media section has been opened up for 1 week enabling bulk playlist submissions. Whats that mean? You can submit media videos for free! This will cost no credits, however it will not be sent to the promotion section or be promoted via chat.

Click "Submit Bulk Playlist"

We are looking to populate the media section, this is for search and other purposes. @Anthony Smith Anthony Smith has done some testing and after submitting over 1000 videos from partner content the media section gained an additional 8000 views

Why are you still reading this? Start submitting content! https://freedom.community.tm/media/
can't sumbit there is a problem

Fluffy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2014
California
YouTube
FluffysGames
The bulk-upload feature has been working fine for me, for the most part.

Only one issue has popped up so far: one playlist in particular contains a number of both public and private videos. The private videos are a sort of "on hold" reminder to me to take care of title/description/tags before I make it public.

Anyway, when I try to use the bulk-upload feature to retrieve such a playlist, I get the following error:

"Media URL did not retrieve valid data."

(Yes, I am certain I have the correct URL. I copy-paste. :p)

Anyway, I suspect it is due to some videos being in a "private" state, because all other playlists (100% comprised of public videos) have worked just fine so far.

So, as a suggestion for the bulk-upload tool: for any playlist which contains any videos that it cannot process, perhaps just skip over the ones that it cannot process, and give a warning/notice ("Notice: unable to process 4/37 videos - continuing with the remaining 33.")

Anyway, just a thought. Great tool, and great work! :D(y) (Y)

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
The bulk-upload feature has been working fine for me, for the most part.

Only one issue has popped up so far: one playlist in particular contains a number of both public and private videos. The private videos are a sort of "on hold" reminder to me to take care of title/description/tags before I make it public.

Anyway, when I try to use the bulk-upload feature to retrieve such a playlist, I get the following error:

"Media URL did not retrieve valid data."

(Yes, I am certain I have the correct URL. I copy-paste. :p)

Anyway, I suspect it is due to some videos being in a "private" state, because all other playlists (100% comprised of public videos) have worked just fine so far.

So, as a suggestion for the bulk-upload tool: for any playlist which contains any videos that it cannot process, perhaps just skip over the ones that it cannot process, and give a warning/notice ("Notice: unable to process 4/37 videos - continuing with the remaining 33.")

Anyway, just a thought. Great tool, and great work! :D(y) (Y)

Ah that would probably do it, the media platform is an add-on by another company so we can't really do much to change anything major in it unfortunately.[DOUBLEPOST=1503230850,1503032538][/DOUBLEPOST]Now closed, thanks for all your submissions!