PS4 Error code CE-30005-8

jbatesw

New User
Nov 19, 2021
I have tried downloading my new spiderman game multiple times. Every time it gets to about 18-20 GB and stops. It either says an error has occurred or the error (ce-30005-8) pops up. I've tried cleaning the disk, wiping all data of the game so it's a fresh download, and restarting, I tried putting my play station into safe mode. The disc has no issues and I've downloaded other games. What should I do?

Last edited:

taherzaz

New User
Nov 20, 2021
I have tried downloading my new spiderman game multiple times. Every time it gets to about 18-20 GB and stops. It either says an error has occurred or the error (ce-30005-8) pops up. I've tried cleaning the disk, wiping all data of the game so it's a fresh download, and restarting, I tried putting my play station into safe mode. The disc has no issues and I've downloaded other games. What should I do?
This happened to me, i just follow the bellow steps
Fix Cannot Start the Application (CE-30005-8) Error on PS4 - Appuals.com

Robert Clark

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 19, 2017
Houston Texas
YouTube
buckfumbler1

Fix CE-30005-8 on Blu-ray/DVD Disc​

If you encounter the PS4 error CE-30005-8 error code while trying to start a game from the Blu-Ray/DVD player, you need to check if it is broken or damaged. Here’s how to do that.

Step 1. You need to eject the disc first of all. Here are 2 ways below:

1. Eject the disc manually by pressing the Eject button on your PS4.

2. Alternatively, you can press the Options button on the Dual Shock 4, which is located on the Home menu. This action will give you the option to Remove Disc.

Step 2. Clean the disc carefully. Now, you need to check the underside of the disc. There may be some scratches or smudges. Then you can use a soft cloth to wipe the disc from the inner circle to the outer edge with a straight line.

Step 3. Now, insert the cleaned disc back into your PS4 and check if the PS4 cannot start the application problem is resolved. Well, if the PS4 game discs or Blu-Ray is damaged actually, you should consider buying a new one.

More importantly, you need to check if there are any errors on your PS4 hard disk drive, which may lead to the error CE-30005-8. Please keep reading the following part to check your PS4 hard drive.

If that doesn't work you'd need to try the other steps on here.