All time favorite retro game??

Ryan Strauch Gamer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 4, 2015
Denver, CO
YouTube
Your picks can be anything from old PC games, N64, Playstation, Acrade games, Atari game ect!

Also i want to know what game gave birth to your love for video games today!?

So ill start

Conkers Bad Fur Day
Madden 2000
007 Golden Eye

The game that started my love for game has to be...

Mario 64!

Let it begin!!

Reactions: 8-Bit-Relic

8-Bit-Relic

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Dec 17, 2014
Ireland
YouTube
I was always interested in that big home cabinets which used be around some houses when I was young.

However, H.E.R.O. for the Atari 2600 was mind blowing for me. It had multiple screens for the same level! Can you imagine that? ;-)

Because of that I got later my C64... I played the sh out of Drelbs, shooting games and economy simulations.

I got afterwards a SNES which has actually some of my favourite games of all time.... I played for probable 10 years regulary the original Super Mario Kart. The only other game I have played close that often was Master of Orion 2 for PC.

Well, this is my story.

Reactions: Ryan Strauch Gamer

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
This year I started playing tons of oldies, so my favorite retro game would have to be Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on the SNES. It is not an ''all'' time favorite, I still have plenty of SNES games to play and on other systems

Also, I honestly can't tell which game made me fell in love with video games when I was a kid, it must've have been a really obscure game that nobody knows on the PC. I just played my very first video game ever when I was a kid, played it nonstop, moved on to the next one, and next one, and next one, and etc. Fell in love ever since the beginning of my life.

Neal

Mod
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
nealcarico
Geez, I can't remember the name of it now, but there was this OLD glitchy football game for the PS2 I used to play with all my friends. AT LEAST 10 years old. I know it's not that old, but still.

Rocket Bunny Gaming

New User
Freedom! Member
Sep 11, 2015
YouTube
Marvel : Ultimate Alliance, i think that's what it's called. I played it on the PS2 like 11 years ago. Pretty fun game to play with a friend. :)

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
For old favorites honestly I'm not really sure. Maybe Majora's Mask on N64. I did grow up with an NES and SNES as a young kid but it wasn't until I got an N64 in the late 90s or early 2000s that I fell in love with gaming. I didn't have a good appreciation of 2D games growing up unfortunately so despite playing them a lot pre-n64 I never did fully appreciate the NES and SNES. It wasn't until I finally played a 3D game that my love for gaming grew.

Luckily as I grew older I grew a lot more appreciation for the old classic 2D games. I consider a lot of them to be among some of my favorite games even.

Reactions: Stretch AdventureKS

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
For old favorites honestly I'm not really sure. Maybe Majora's Mask on N64. I did grow up with an NES and SNES as a young kid but it wasn't until I got an N64 in the late 90s or early 2000s that I fell in love with gaming. I didn't have a good appreciation of 2D games growing up unfortunately so despite playing them a lot pre-n64 I never did fully appreciate the NES and SNES. It wasn't until I finally played a 3D game that my love for gaming grew.

Luckily as I grew older I grew a lot more appreciation for the old classic 2D games. I consider a lot of them to be among some of my favorite games even.

I guess you could say that I am at that time in my life where my appreciation for old classic 2D games grows a lot more with how much SNES I played this year. It just makes me think even more of how easy some games can be nowadays. Most of the games that I played years ago were 3D and first person, always looked up to new releases, but now with going to the era of the oldies it's like an entirely new world that has opened for me.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
Marvel Rise of the Imperfects was a fun game to play. Although there wasn't much replay value after you unlocked all the characters, as the actual fighting part of it was pretty meh.

Gamenugz

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
gamenugz
Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy Tactics, or Metroid Zero Mission. I can't decide between these three games, it's like picking your favorite child. :)