Am I The Only One?

HighVoltageGamer

Freedom! Member
Sep 12, 2015
Great Falls, MT
YouTube
I just gotta know am I the only youtuber/streamer out there that when I'm not recording/streaming and I try to play games as of late I get bored faster then when I am recording/streaming... I hope it passes but I mean I guess it's a good thing also cuz it means I enjoy what I do haha.

T

Taff Man

I think I get you XD I find it easier to enjoy games when I'm recording probably because (this is going to sound like such a cliche, sorry :p) it feels like you are playing the game with other people and not by yourself. Well that's what seems to be the case for me XD

PinoyGamerChris

Respected User
Jul 12, 2015
YouTube
I get that too, some days I cannot even record games and even question why I even play video games. I guess it because it's burned out or you started to outgrew the game.

AIMZIEWAIMZIE

Rising User
Jan 6, 2015
England
YouTube
For me it is more or less to do with no one that is online to play. I play a lot of Destiny most of the time and 50% I am on my own and it can be really hard to come up with something or to entertain myself when I am not with my buds.

KilobiteProductions

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2015
YouTube
I just gotta know am I the only youtuber/streamer out there that when I'm not recording/streaming and I try to play games as of late I get bored faster then when I am recording/streaming... I hope it passes but I mean I guess it's a good thing also cuz it means I enjoy what I do haha.
No, I get you, it's like so different, it feels empty and boring when doing by oneself however when your recording it feels really connected.

Cold Ransom

Rising User
Oct 3, 2015
Georgia, United States
YouTube
For me personally, when I am recording, it's like I am in the room with my subscribers. I feel like I can freely express myself and have positive reactions from a loyal fan base so long as I am sure to regularly post videos when I say I'm going to. As for not having as much fun when I'm off stream or not recording, I would have to agree. The thing is, I am a Call of Duty player and I want to be the best I can be, so even when I'm off camera, I have to spend those late night sessions grinding out the game to get better and better. Just stay dedicated my friend. :)

Reactions: HighVoltageGamer

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
I know exactly what you mean. However, for me it's a little more than just boredom. Anytime I play a game while not recording it, I feel like I am doing myself a disservice because if I ever do decide to record it, I would have already spoiled it. Which means even less of a chance I will ever actually record it, because I feel like if I did, the video would be boring due to already knowing what is going to happen.

The other issue is when I am playing these games without recording, I begin to ask myself "what's the point?" It would simply just be another game completed and at the end of the day it means nothing. That feeling is what actually got me started wanting to youtube in the first place. I just wanted more from my gaming experience. I wanted to feel like I was actually doing something more interesting with my time. To share my experiences with others, rather than alone.

I feel youtube just makes gaming a whole lot more interesting.

darkash

New User
Oct 5, 2015
that's not surprising at all because being a YouTuber can make you be on your feet alot more ... so you don't make mistakes and crazy things lol so there is really no time to be bored when your doing a video to put on YouTube

LloydIrving69

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2015
YouTube
I think it is a great thing! I think I am starting to do that, but I still do boring things in games, like grinding, on my own. I have always grinded in games since I can remember, which was third gen of pokemon.

Anthomnia

Jul 14, 2015
YouTube
I think I get you XD I find it easier to enjoy games when I'm recording probably because (this is going to sound like such a cliche, sorry :p) it feels like you are playing the game with other people and not by yourself. Well that's what seems to be the case for me XD

Holy crap i love your channel, Subbed really good editing work

M

Mammer244

I feel guilty when I am playing and not recording, not only is it fun but the crazy stuff happens when you are not recording:) So yeah, when not recording it feels like something is missing, not sure if that counts as getting bored though...

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
There are times when recording ruins playing games for me, mainly because of my target game to record in League. It's disheartening to play a 40 min game with the intention of recording, and not be able to use it.

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I have trouble editing, these days. I find I have to really work myself to even start! But it's all about starting, getting the ball rolling. Inertia of laziness! Once you start, it's easy.

HighVoltageGamer

Freedom! Member
Sep 12, 2015
Great Falls, MT
YouTube
I have trouble editing, these days. I find I have to really work myself to even start! But it's all about starting, getting the ball rolling. Inertia of laziness! Once you start, it's easy.
Agreed.. Once u start editing and posting and creating.. it becomes fun.
There are times when recording ruins playing games for me, mainly because of my target game to record in League. It's disheartening to play a 40 min game with the intention of recording, and not be able to use it.
See but thats why u post those ones also.. The bad games show ur crowd that ur human and that u can fail haha :p
If people watched my content maybe I'd feel like I were playing with other people... I just use it as self-therapy really for my speech problems :p
I'd love to watch ur content but ur youtube link isn't working in ur siggy.. privite msg me a lnik i'll check ya out!