Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
This is a serious issue now that I've put some good thought into it, this time I will provide screenshots.

I'm not usually one to make a complaint about the money that gets sent through Freedom!, nor am I the kind of make complaints about the network, since it is (in general) beautifully operated.

However, I was browsing my earnings today when I found that I had earned ~$0.66 for my recent video under the revenue tab. That's all fine and dandy, I don't mind the pocket change. But the concerning part is where the "Ad rates" section displays an estimated earnings of $1.19. That's odd, because in theory, I should have $0.70 in the revenue tab if that were the case, but the numbers tell me that Freedom! is taking an approximate 45% of the share, which is more than their 40% advertised rate.

I understand these are both estimated numbers, but the estimated "Revenue" value should be made relative to the "Ad Rates" value, with 40% knocked off to show my revenue. However, it's showing an even lower number. This is not a new thing either, analytics show an average of (still) 45%.

This simple calculation shows that the $0.66 that is in my revenue is only 55.4% of my actual ad rate revenue, rather than the 60% that Freedom! advertises.

This is consistent for my all-time earnings as well, where they net me a 55.6% share of the revenue. It should not be too difficult to calculate 60% in the YouTube dashboard, so why is it showing something that could very well be drastically different for a larger channel that makes more money?

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
The 0.66 is after YouTube's cut not Freedom!'s. As the YouTube dashboard does not take Freedom!'s revenue share into consideration. That is why it is 55%.

1.19 / 100 x 55 = 0.6545

0.6545 / 100 x 60 = 0.3927

0.3927 is what you will receive after Freedom's cut. (give or take)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.