YouTube Can I do vlogged and gaming videos?

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Honestly its up to you, some separate others keep it together. Personally I keep all mine together on the one channel, its easier to manage. I just have a different thumbnail border colour for it (mines green for vlogs, red/blue for gaming videos).​

Reactions: KeithExplores

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Keep them together...

There is no absolute point making another channel for vlogs, there are many channels of gaming that do so, only time I would make a new channel was if I wanted to upload content like Music or trailers of some sort.

MWproductions1000

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 21, 2014
Ohio
YouTube
Keep them together. 2 video types for one channel isn't bad. Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, and other big gamers also vlog on their channels. Just make a playlist for vlogs specifically. :)

KeithExplores

Freedom! Member
I agree with the above posters too. If people don't like a specific genre of video you make, then let them leave. You will simply replace those who leave with new people who are more interested in your videos. But decide now what videos you want to make, rather than changing this down the line. The bigger you are, the more difficult it is to phase new content genres into your channel.

Hope this helps. ;)

uberimmortalomen

Upload daily!
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
zehimmortalomen
I'm a big fan of separation, as a smaller channel it doesn't matter, like I do gaming as well, but if I wanted to make gaming videos on a specific genre alone I'd create a 2nd channel for it like having a sports channel(madden, MLB, NBA etc) it's just me tho, do whatever you want to do

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I started my channel gaming but while on holidays recently I vlogged and enjoyed it. I love doing both. Should I make a second channel for vlogged or keep both together.
Thanks in advance

Luke out
Depends on how your audience reacts. By doing 2 things on your channel you can gain mixed audience as some will like your vloggs and others the gaming. It can even happen that somr will like both! Long story short. Give it a go and see what will happen :)

Blucky

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2015
Australia
YouTube
BluckyTV
I keep all of my gaming content and vlog/film stuff on the same channel, If you can keep the same quality on both genres of video then your audience shouldn't mind too much ;)

viality13

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 15, 2014
YouTube
steven_jrz
I started my channel gaming but while on holidays recently I vlogged and enjoyed it. I love doing both. Should I make a second channel for vlogged or keep both together.
Thanks in advance

Luke out
I feel the same way I just did my first vlog but I dont want my channel to become just vlogs

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Captain Sparklez does both on one channel, so why can't you? :p

My channel's schedule currently consists of vlogs and tech videos, actually! I manage to keep the two somewhat separated by sorting them into playlists, and then making the playlists very prominent on my channel's main page. Not see a whole lot of downsides with this setup yet, been keeping at it for half a year so far.

Geist

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
YouTube
WanderingVA
Well, until your channel has a certain draw for a certain content. That's when you should split off, but you still continue working until you find what works best for your and also finding what else you enjoy.