Solved Copyrighted for using a 7 second vine in my video

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiAmAko

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 20, 2014
YouTube
I don't really have any knowledge on copyright due to the fact I never had to deal with them the past 2 years I been making videos.I got copyrighted for using a 7 second on my video (
)

iiAmAko

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 20, 2014
YouTube
Hi iiAmAko,

A copyright owner using Content ID claimed some material in your video.

This is just a heads up
Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.

• Video title: Rust- Who Ever Shot The Crossbow Your Mom A Hoe
  • Includes: Audiovisual content
  • Claimed by: Collab

What's next?
If there are no problems, you don’t need to take any action. You don't need to delete your video.

If something went wrong and the copyright owner or our system made a mistake, we have a dispute process. Only use it if you’re confident you have the rights to use all the content in your video.

- The YouTube Team

Upvote 0

iiAmAko

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 20, 2014
YouTube
Your dispute wasn't approved.

The claimant has reviewed their claim and confirmed it was valid.

You may be able to appeal this decision, but if the claimant disagrees with your appeal, you could end up with a strike on your account.

Upvote 0
In the messages you have posted, Youtube are warning you, instead of assist you :(

George use a few seconds from the movie "300", you know "This is Sparta!" scene. I think Freedom MUST assist you, you did something like George did. But... perhaps the main problem is that you didn't give any credits and you put the full video and not a part of it. I read vine videos give problems, and is best to avoid it.

Upvote 0

M&Mnz

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 14, 2016
YouTube
Your dispute wasn't approved.

The claimant has reviewed their claim and confirmed it was valid.

You may be able to appeal this decision, but if the claimant disagrees with your appeal, you could end up with a strike on your account.
Maybe try to email the one who gave you the claim. Explain the situation with them. Merlin gave me a claim for videos that are under fair use, i sent them a message, and they white-listed me afterwards. It never hurts to try.

Upvote 0

TeamRespawn

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2015
YouTube
Using someone's vine in your video is a valid copyright claim in my opinion. The person who made the vine is allowed to use copyright claims since it is their content. Best to not appeal, delete the video, edit out the vine and reupload it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.