Favorite GTA Game?

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
GTA Fans,

What is your favorite GTA game(s) of all time and what console(s) did you play on?

Starting all the way back to 1997 with the original Top-Down Grand Theft Auto (PS1), GTA 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars as well as Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
Enjoy reading everyone's responses, and if I had to pick I'd probably go with GTA V/Online; with each new game Rockstar has continued to raise the bar, and the latest entry into the franchise is built on the knowledge, experience, trail and error of all the previous titles. Been playing GTA V since it came out on Xbox 360 back in September 2013 as well as GTA Online a month later, and currently play on both the XB1 and PS4.

My favorite GTA from the 3D Universe is Vice City; loved the 80's setting, the ability to buy property, fly helicopters, run around with a katana, and it was the first time the main character was voiced by an actor, and in this case you can't go wrong with Ray Liotta.

The original top-down Grand Theft Auto that came out on PS1 back in 1997 will always have a special place in my heart; was in high school at the time, and still remember hanging out at friends houses almost every weekend taking turns seeing how long we could last as well as how must destruction we'd carry out before being killed, good times. :)

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Enjoy reading everyone's responses, and if I had to pick I'd probably go with GTA V/Online; with each new game Rockstar has continued to raise the bar, and the latest entry into the franchise is built on the knowledge, experience, trail and error of all the previous titles. Been playing GTA V since it came out on Xbox 360 back in September 2013 as well as GTA Online a month later, and currently play on both the XB1 and PS4.

My favorite GTA from the 3D Universe is Vice City; loved the 80's setting, the ability to buy property, fly helicopters, run around with a katana, and it was the first time the main character was voiced by an actor, and in this case you can't go wrong with Ray Liotta.

The original top-down Grand Theft Auto that came out on PS1 back in 1997 will always have a special place in my heart; was in high school at the time, and still remember hanging out at friends houses almost every weekend taking turns seeing how long we could last as well as how must destruction we'd carry out before being killed, good times. :)
And you can't forget the cheats for GTA 3. If you didn't use the codes for that game you weren't living

Reactions: geauxburns

geauxburns

Rising User
Apr 3, 2016
USA
YouTube
Thanks again everyone for chiming in with your fav GTA games; while I already talked about GTA V/Online, Vice City, and the original Grand Theft Auto, I'd like to discuss what I liked about some of the other games in the franchise.

GTA III: Back when I was still playing Grand Theft Auto and GTA2, there were a lot of great 3D titles out during the mid to late 90s like Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and other IPs that successfully made the jump from 2D and Top-Down. Didn't take much imagination to envision what a 3D GTA world might look like, and in 2001 Rockstar made that a reality with GTA III which is the game that really launched the franchise. Claude might have been the strong-silent type, but you really did feel for the guy; he got screwed around a lot in that game.

GTA SA: Compared to GTA III and VC, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was massive. Now we could not only fly around in helicopters, but in planes and jets too. Plus, for the first time we had the ability to swim without instantly drowning; though it was all in vain when you swam across the river from the island Los Santos was on to Las Venturas, before unlocking it, only to get a maxed out Wanted Level which was a death sentence. More clothing options, hair styles, keeping CJ in shape, three major cities, and turf wars were just a few features that made GTA SA revolutionary.

GTA IV: The first time I saw the trailer it blew me away how beautiful the HD Universe version of Liberty City was going to look compared to it's 3D counterpart. While the story was more gritty than previous installments, and there were times where I wanted Roman to swim with the pixel fishes for getting Niko into trouble as well as always wanting to go bowling (even though I love bowling in real life); Grand Theft Auto IV paved the way for Rockstar to take the GTA series to the next level. GTA IV MP was also a lot of fun, and while I love GTA Online; there are some elements that I wish R* would have included or might eventually add to GTAO.

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
GTA Fans,

What is your favorite GTA game(s) of all time and what console(s) did you play on?

Starting all the way back to 1997 with the original Top-Down Grand Theft Auto (PS1), GTA 2, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars as well as Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online.
GTA V Is my favourite ! But i really like San Andreas TOO ! Great games both !

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
GTA V, especially the online, is the most fun. GTA IV has a better story but the color palette is depressing. GTA Vice City had one of the more interesting storylines and is the only one I played in full using a mobile device.
GTA 3 was fun trying to get the dodo, and using a mix of the flying cars cheat and a tank to get across the blown up bridges was a hoot.