Freedom helping you grow...

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
So, I see a lot of people complaining about Freedom not helping their channel grow. Basically, you're blaming your own failure to grow your own channel on them. So that justifies why your channel doesn't grow.

Listen, if you blame them... you'll never figure out why it's not growing. You blame them, that's the reason... end of story? So, game over for you before you even have a chance. Think about it. Find out what's wrong with your channel and work on fixing it. This **** doesn't happen overnight. I get tired of people blaming my Network for not growing.

And even if Freedom were to help, they have so many partners, how are you supposed to stand out? What should the qualifications be to get helped. I know my qualifications when I decide to give someone a plug on my channel are at LEAST 100 videos and at LEAST 5 videos a week. I post at LEAST 14 vids myself a 7 day week (no days off) and have over 2,000 vids. Work just as hard as I do or as close as you can get.

So, really check yourself and your channel before you pass blame, you might find what's REALLY wrong and be able to fix it and get in this YouTube game.

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
I agree. One works hard to achieve success. Networks are there to help you achieve that success by providing you tools, musics, tips and more for you to utilize on your channel. They help you direct your channel to success, not bring it there for you. You need to put in the effort. You need to give it your all. You need to work hard to attain success. Don't put the blame on the network for not helping your channel grow. You're the one who simply did not put any effort in it in the first place.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I don't know why. But people like to think that joining a network (any network, pick one) will make you grow astronomically overnight.
No, it doesn't work that way. A network takes part of your income in exchange for the tools you need to do that.

It's part of the reason why I like to promote individual autonomy of small channels. Too often do I see people coming around and resorting to the forums for help and asking others for help instead of trying to help themselves first. I didn't get knowledgable about YouTube by constantly screaming and picking peoples brains.
I did pick people brains, but it was stuff they already, willingly set out to the ether.
Then there are desperate self-advertisers, people so hungry for a single subscriber that they try to leverage themselves off of another channel's success. Look at any large YouTuber, you get many generic comment and the odd channel plug. Look at the Freedom! hub channel, it's almost solid spam.

People need to help themselves, instead of thinking others will help them.

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
This is pretty much well said. As a small channel, at first this was my mindset, that joining this network will help me drastically in achieving a high amount of subs and views, but that isn't the case. It is still up to the channel owner to do most of the hard work. Freedom! gives us the tools and opportunities to make our channel better, but it is still up to them use whether to take it or not. I think Freedom! has helped me a lot these few months, and to be honest, I couldn't be more thankful. I do think I am not growing anymore faster because I go to school, and I don't have any new games (games are expensive and I don't always have money), but Freedom! has given me a lot of opportunities to open my channel to bigger paths, and I couldn't be more thankful.

So, yeah. Freedom, thank you. A lot. I will be forever loyal to this channel, and if ever I didn't, scold me. For real. :))

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
I'm actually pretty happy at freedom. In the beginning I didn't really know what a network would bring me, the sponsorship deals were widely advertised and kinda put me off because they where mostly for gaming related channels or very high sub channels.

But I quickly learned that this is not a particular thing that freedom does and it's just normal for networks, since then, I've been active in the forums & reading up on my YT knowledge and it's been really helpful. I love the music that freedom offers and I'm using it in all my video's at the moment.

Freedom helps us by forwarding knowledge trough the forum and giving us acces to some tools and yeah I think that it definatly contributed to my channel growing and being filled with more quality content. Although I'm not that big of a YT channel, I like to think Freedom is a nice community to share my channel with and be part of.Cheers!

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
What Freedom helped me most with is - knowledge - Ever since the beginning when I joined Freedom I learned how a youtuber should act (not spam, not self advertise, do not be obsessed, youtube takes time and exercise etc).
Before I joined Freedom, I had no idea how growing works exactly, so I assumed ''hey, let me just tell you -random person- about my channel, check it out if you enjoyed'', but nope, it does not work, cause everybody does that and it creates this bad image for you if you do it like everyone else, that you are obsessed of growing. It is best to have a good image of yourself, keep it cool,think about how there are people out there that ACTUALLY enjoy your content, and if they keep coming back for you, than you have a win.

I guess I can understand why people do these kinds of stuff, and that is the fact that they have no idea how this whole thing works when they start doing youtube. There are people that see Youtube as a popularity contest.

Reactions: Olivea Sea

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Very well said and couldn't agree more. It's typically what I tend to tell others. No network out there is going to make your channel grow. It's also one of those weird circumstances too. If you expect a network to advertise you and really get you out there, that is going to require you to have already grown your channel to a decent size. Which technically means you don't even really need all that to begin with because you are already out there.

It's similar with sponsorships. By the time you are eligible for the good ones, you really no longer even need it because there is a good chance you are making enough to get those things yourself. That is just how it works.

The only real way to grow is to be consistent and post pretty frequently. A good way to think about is, each video is a door to your channel. That door will always remain in place as long as that video is up. You may not get many views from 30 doors, but what if you had 100? 300? 1,000? Posting the videos on social network is more doors. Other sharing your videos is even more doors. The better ranked your video is like having a golden door that everyone wants to use. The more doors you have, the more likely you will get those golden doors too.

Of course it's not that simple, because in order for those doors to be useful, you need to make them look nice and you need to make what is inside those doors enticing, so people want to continue to go through your doors.

Eventually over time, you end up with so many doors, that sometimes people go through them without even realizing it simply because they are popular doors.

Well anyway, that is how I sort of think about it. XD

Reactions: Olivea Sea

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Very well said and couldn't agree more. It's typically what I tend to tell others. No network out there is going to make your channel grow. It's also one of those weird circumstances too. If you expect a network to advertise you and really get you out there, that is going to require you to have already grown your channel to a decent size. Which technically means you don't even really need all that to begin with because you are already out there.

It's similar with sponsorships. By the time you are eligible for the good ones, you really no longer even need it because there is a good chance you are making enough to get those things yourself. That is just how it works.

The only real way to grow is to be consistent and post pretty frequently. A good way to think about is, each video is a door to your channel. That door will always remain in place as long as that video is up. You may not get many views from 30 doors, but what if you had 100? 300? 1,000? Posting the videos on social network is more doors. Other sharing your videos is even more doors. The better ranked your video is like having a golden door that everyone wants to use. The more doors you have, the more likely you will get those golden doors too.

Of course it's not that simple, because in order for those doors to be useful, you need to make them look nice and you need to make what is inside those doors enticing, so people want to continue to go through your doors.

Eventually over time, you end up with so many doors, that sometimes people go through them without even realizing it simply because they are popular doors.

Well anyway, that is how I sort of think about it. XD

What a great way to look at this xD Bravo.

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
So, I see a lot of people complaining about Freedom not helping their channel grow. Basically, you're blaming your own failure to grow your own channel on them. So that justifies why your channel doesn't grow.

Listen, if you blame them... you'll never figure out why it's not growing. You blame them, that's the reason... end of story? So, game over for you before you even have a chance. Think about it. Find out what's wrong with your channel and work on fixing it. This **** doesn't happen overnight. I get tired of people blaming my Network for not growing.

And even if Freedom were to help, they have so many partners, how are you supposed to stand out? What should the qualifications be to get helped. I know my qualifications when I decide to give someone a plug on my channel are at LEAST 100 videos and at LEAST 5 videos a week. I post at LEAST 14 vids myself a 7 day week (no days off) and have over 2,000 vids. Work just as hard as I do or as close as you can get.

So, really check yourself and your channel before you pass blame, you might find what's REALLY wrong and be able to fix it and get in this YouTube game.
I love your rants. They are always on the same topic except you make them different every time.

Reactions: AverageRageGamer

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

Amen to that! Agreed with every single word there mate. People think growth comes dropping from the air *poof* just like that. I upload daily with 1 vid a day. I am active on instagram, twitter and facebook and constant busy with improving my channel and now after a year of work i am slowy seeing results and gaining more vieuws and subs with the day. I am still enjoying every minute of it and work for it as we all should do like you mentioned :D

D

Deleted member 92404

I agree however I gained a ton more subs than normal through the chat... Jus sayin.