Goodbye Freedom

RedRobins.UK

Respected User
Freedom! Member
According to youtube. i am no longer a partner nor are my videos getting monetized. welp fair enough i guess. i agree with the 1000 subs part but 4000 hour watched in 1 month? thats a bit extreme. my friend 2.1k subs lost his monetization and partnership. he got around $100/year from youtube so that sucks.

Anyway it's been a great run and i will probably hang around the community a bit but ah well. youtube now 100% fully certifying it doesnt care about the little guy.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
It's actually 4000 hours in a year not a month but regardless it's going to suck to lose a lot of members. Hopefully most people will stick around the forum after this change happens because if not this place is probably going to be a lot more dead soon.

RedRobins.UK

Respected User
Freedom! Member
It's actually 4000 hours in a year not a month but regardless it's going to suck to lose a lot of members. Hopefully most people will stick around the forum after this change happens because if not this place is probably going to be a lot more dead soon.
yeah i will be sticking around for a bit. but we all knew it was coming one day. just youtube stepping on the lil guy again ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1516294888][/DOUBLEPOST]wow i joined in october 2016. i honestly didnt realise it had been so long

Rockstars 1815

Rising User
Jan 4, 2018
YouTube
Its sad to see the amount of YouTubers bitting the dust off late due to the new YPP rules.
Will i'm still determined to hit that goal and will get reviewed for monetization too.
Wherever you maybe hope the best happens to you in the future

RedRobins.UK

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Its sad to see the amount of YouTubers bitting the dust off late due to the new YPP rules.
Will i'm still determined to hit that goal and will get reviewed for monetization too.
Wherever you maybe hope the best happens to you in the future
aye i can wish you the best of luck. i practically gave up on youtube after the 3 year mark. i had 200 subs and 15 views per video. my channel was officialy dead. every now and then i release a cinematic of stupid edit/effect i make and they get around 70 views but apart from that. my channel died. anyway i deleted 150 videos. kept my effects amd edits. and now i upload when i want to without a schedule so i can just make some stuff for fun.

crisps

New User
Jan 20, 2018
To be honest this isn't all that deplorable, all of the people that did it for money will have left meaning that the only remaining ones are the people who do it for regalement or fun.

Reactions: RedRobins.UK

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
To be honest this isn't all that deplorable, all of the people that did it for money will have left meaning that the only remaining ones are the people who do it for regalement or fun.
I kinda do it for both. I only get between $1 and $2 on PayPal a month, sometimes more, and only use that money to buy games from Steam, but only when they are on sale.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
According to youtube. i am no longer a partner nor are my videos getting monetized. welp fair enough i guess. i agree with the 1000 subs part but 4000 hour watched in 1 month? thats a bit extreme. my friend 2.1k subs lost his monetization and partnership. he got around $100/year from youtube so that sucks.

Anyway it's been a great run and i will probably hang around the community a bit but ah well. youtube now 100% fully certifying it doesnt care about the little guy.
Many partner will become unlinked but that doesn't mean we can't support each other anymore so i sure hope that everyone sticks around on the forums :)

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Sorry to hear that you aren't monetized anymore.
Thanks to my 1 viral video from November 2015 I have been able to keep growing over the past few years. It's still gaining traffic daily. 2m+ views so far. If I didn't have that one video, my channel would get demonetized due to low watch time.

You just have to do something creative that hasn't been done before that will get people to share it like crazy! 1 viral video can change everything!