Gaming Hello Everyone! SCG here

Steam Controller Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2016
YouTube
Hey everybody, this is Mark from Steam Controller Gaming. I wanted to come and introduce myself now that I'm actually using the forums. The two main things I am are: #1. Family man and #2. Gamer.

This means that while I love to game, my family comes first; which leaves me to budget my gaming/equipment/etc... so while I do post a lot of different gaming videos on my channel, one of a couple things that I feel sets me apart from the crowd is:

1. I use a budget laptop to do my gaming. While you won't see top of the line graphics or AAA games that just came out on my channel, you can use my channel as a gauge to whether your computer will run a certain game (the quality and lag you sometimes see on my videos are partially caused by my recording software, so any game you see me play will run better than on the video if you just play the game without recording).

2. I use a Steam Controller (http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/ - Check this link for more info on the Steam Controller) exclusively to game with. So every video you see on my channel is me playing with a Steam Controller. This adds a second aspect to my "niche" on youtube and it somewhat sets me aside from other channels that stick with regular keyboard and mouse gaming. Since I use the Steam Controller for everything, I sometimes do reviews of a game that include how well it works with the Steam Controller, the ease of use, etc...

I also post gameplay videos pretty much daily, and have what I call a "campaign" that lasts anywhere from a month to two months where I pick a game that I'm not good at, and devote a lot of time to becoming better at the game and I document the process through my gameplay videos and commentary. My current campaign is using Counter Strike:Global Offensive, and I titled it "CS:GO - Zero to... Not Zero?" because I honestly had no idea how well I would do against real people, so if I could be anything better than a complete loser at the game, I was going to be happy, lol.

I also post my steam library (http://steamcommunity.com/id/runnerguy1987/games/?tab=all) so anyone can see what games I currently have in case they want me to review a game using the Steam Controller, simply want to see how the game plays using the steam controller, or any other requests. In the case of a request I plan on putting the channels name (or person's website) in the title or description to help foster a sort of community on my channel while helping others (hopefully) gain some recognition for their channels.

I have plans for "Sunday Shoutout" videos where I pick a few channels and (with their permission) show a little of their videos and talk about what they are about and what I like about them. That is going to start this Sunday.

I am also in the process of figuring out different days to post certain videos, so as not to overload my viewers with 12 CS:GO videos one day, and then nothing for the next few days. With games that have different modes such as CS:GO (Deathmatch, Arms Race, Casual, etc...) I plan on posting a couple videos of a certain game type on different days of the week, starting with (the very originally tittled) "Casual Friday" where I post videos dealing with the "Casual" game type.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading the whole thing, and if you skipped to the end, thanks for reading whatever you did ;).

Thanks again everyone! I'm proud to be part of the community :)

- Mark

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Hey everybody, this is Mark from Steam Controller Gaming. I wanted to come and introduce myself now that I'm actually using the forums. The two main things I am are: #1. Family man and #2. Gamer.

This means that while I love to game, my family comes first; which leaves me to budget my gaming/equipment/etc... so while I do post a lot of different gaming videos on my channel, one of a couple things that I feel sets me apart from the crowd is:

1. I use a budget laptop to do my gaming. While you won't see top of the line graphics or AAA games that just came out on my channel, you can use my channel as a gauge to whether your computer will run a certain game (the quality and lag you sometimes see on my videos are partially caused by my recording software, so any game you see me play will run better than on the video if you just play the game without recording).

2. I use a Steam Controller (http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/ - Check this link for more info on the Steam Controller) exclusively to game with. So every video you see on my channel is me playing with a Steam Controller. This adds a second aspect to my "niche" on youtube and it somewhat sets me aside from other channels that stick with regular keyboard and mouse gaming. Since I use the Steam Controller for everything, I sometimes do reviews of a game that include how well it works with the Steam Controller, the ease of use, etc...

I also post gameplay videos pretty much daily, and have what I call a "campaign" that lasts anywhere from a month to two months where I pick a game that I'm not good at, and devote a lot of time to becoming better at the game and I document the process through my gameplay videos and commentary. My current campaign is using Counter Strike:Global Offensive, and I titled it "CS:GO - Zero to... Not Zero?" because I honestly had no idea how well I would do against real people, so if I could be anything better than a complete loser at the game, I was going to be happy, lol.

I also post my steam library (http://steamcommunity.com/id/runnerguy1987/games/?tab=all) so anyone can see what games I currently have in case they want me to review a game using the Steam Controller, simply want to see how the game plays using the steam controller, or any other requests. In the case of a request I plan on putting the channels name (or person's website) in the title or description to help foster a sort of community on my channel while helping others (hopefully) gain some recognition for their channels.

I have plans for "Sunday Shoutout" videos where I pick a few channels and (with their permission) show a little of their videos and talk about what they are about and what I like about them. That is going to start this Sunday.

I am also in the process of figuring out different days to post certain videos, so as not to overload my viewers with 12 CS:GO videos one day, and then nothing for the next few days. With games that have different modes such as CS:GO (Deathmatch, Arms Race, Casual, etc...) I plan on posting a couple videos of a certain game type on different days of the week, starting with (the very originally tittled) "Casual Friday" where I post videos dealing with the "Casual" game type.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading the whole thing, and if you skipped to the end, thanks for reading whatever you did ;).

Thanks again everyone! I'm proud to be part of the community :)

- Mark
Hey man, AWESOME JOB with the intro! :D, WELCOME to Freedom!!! Really nice content you have on your channel, Subbed, you have pretty good CSGO, Bastion videos....:D anyways looking forward for more content! So what's your upload schedule? XD, If I have to give a critic, try making better thumbnails because that's how you can attract the viewers! :D anyway keep up the good work!

Steam Controller Gaming

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Oct 1, 2016
YouTube
Hey man, AWESOME JOB with the intro! :D, WELCOME to Freedom!!! Really nice content you have on your channel, Subbed, you have pretty good CSGO, Bastion videos....:D anyways looking forward for more content! So what's your upload schedule? XD, If I have to give a critic, try making better thumbnails because that's how you can attract the viewers! :D anyway keep up the good work!

Thanks! My upload schedule right now is pretty much random, depending on what I'm in the mood to play, but I am in the process of deciding on what to post when, and learning to use some video editing tools to make my videos more interesting. I normally post something daily, but have been busier the past week or so, so haven't been able to stick with that. I'll be back to posting daily starting today probably.

Reactions: AFKPlays

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Thanks! My upload schedule right now is pretty much random, depending on what I'm in the mood to play, but I am in the process of deciding on what to post when, and learning to use some video editing tools to make my videos more interesting. I normally post something daily, but have been busier the past week or so, so haven't been able to stick with that. I'll be back to posting daily starting today probably.
Alright! Looking forward for it then :D