Is anyone else here interested in programming (or studying a programming language)?

• Yes

• Not yet

• Never (It's boring)!

Results are only viewable after voting.

tropicalcode

Rising User
Jun 22, 2016
YouTube
Hello everyone,

TIP: Zoom into the browser (e.g. with Ctrl + on Chrome) to read the text easier, it's better at this size if you zoom in once than at the default size for long posts in my opinion.

Introduction:
I am TropicalCode and my channel is focused around computer science/programming (currently software engineering (for Windows) as opposed to web development as of this moment).

Experience and additional channel information:
My programming experience is in Assembly, C/C++ (both user-mode and kernel-mode), C#.NET and VB.NET - most of my programming work is aimed towards security (such as Anti-Virus technology development) and I have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in the security industry overall (including other topics unrelated from programming, such as: malware analysis and malware removal).

Once I start commentary videos in the future I will be doing full tutorial courses on things (such as learning a specific language, analysing malicious software to identify how it works and submitting it to security vendors, cleaning malicious software, etc).

Additional personal information:
I am from the United Kingdom and the channel language is English.

I frequently upload videos to my channel, I try my best to get a dozen uploads done every week. I currently have 3 uploads as of writing this and I opened my channel on the 21st June (2016).

Sorry for boring you all, feel free to ask me any questions regarding topics like security software development (even in a PM if you'd prefer), I'll try to respond best to my ability if possible.

Cheers. ;)

Last edited:

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hello everyone,

TIP: Zoom into the browser (e.g. with Ctrl + on Chrome) to read the text easier, it's better at this size if you zoom in once than at the default size for long posts in my opinion.

Introduction:
I am TropicalCode and my channel is focused around computer science/programming (currently software engineering (for Windows) as opposed to web development as of this moment).

My programming experience is in Assembly, C/C++ (both user-mode and kernel-mode), C#.NET and VB.NET - most of my programming work is aimed towards security (such as Anti-Virus technology development) and I have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in the security industry overall (including other topics unrelated from programming, such as: malware analysis and malware removal).

Once I start commentary videos in the future I will be doing full tutorial courses on things (such as learning a specific language, analysing malicious software to identify how it works and submitting it to security vendors, cleaning malicious software, etc).

I frequently upload videos to my channel, I try my best to get a dozen uploads done every week. I currently have 3 uploads as of writing this and I opened my channel on the 21st June (2016).

Sorry for boring you all, feel free to ask me any questions regarding topics like security software development (even in a PM if you'd prefer), I'll try to respond best to my ability if possible.

Cheers. ;)
Cheers to you too Tropical! Everyone loves when you can write more for yourself. Personally, it gives me more to connect to other members on here when they leave more information like this :p Personally I'm not amazing with programming, but I'm sure other users on here can understand it ^^

Reactions: tropicalcode

tropicalcode

Rising User
Jun 22, 2016
YouTube
lol that's a very.. erm.. structured post you got there hehe.. this is a forum though, not a company :p
Haha, you made me laugh with that comment :p. Yeah, you're right, I made it a bit too structured and/or professional looking... It reminds me of a CV to be honest. :)

Apologies! :D

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Hello everyone,

Introduction:

Cheers. ;)

Welcome to the family Tropicalcode, Good job on typing this :D

Reactions: tropicalcode