How did you guys get your subscribers?

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Hey! I'm a starter at youtube and I want to know, how you guys gained your subscribers.

Also leave some tips thank you!

Hi Fluxuu

The best thing you can do is post regularly, had a steady stream of content.

Once you have a few videos up I would then start to look at promoting them on social media channels like twitter.

Find relevant conversations about your genre of content and join in.

There are other bits like seo, titles and thumbnails which also help.

Reactions: Fluxuu

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
Like Jac said upload videos! But use proper titles ,a very good thumbnail and TAGS. You want your video to be found. (Check out Ziovo's channel for tips)

In my case,my channel is based on graphic design. So I have to be different from others. I can't just do the same designs like everybody else.
So I upload speed arts on the designs I made for other clients.

My first video I shared it on Freedom forums and it remains to be my highest viewed video (not a lot of views but I am happy! )
Then I shared my stuff on twitter with proper hashtags (very important) and people saw my stuff and I slowly gained more subs.
Also I had designed a youtube channel art and a logo for his channel and a lot of his youtube friends asked about me so he gave me a shoutout and I got more subs from him too.

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
Advertisement, friends and then friends of friends.
Honestly I haven't told my friends about my channel till now. They know I design stuff cause I teach them stuff in school but none of them know about my channel.. I never told em for some reason I feel like that they will think its stupid of me to spend my time doing all this.

;-;
Is this stupid of me?

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Honestly I haven't told my friends about my channel till now. They know I design stuff cause I teach them stuff in school but none of them know about my channel.. I never told em for some reason I feel like that they will think its stupid of me to spend my time doing all this.

;-;
Is this stupid of me?
Nah. I used to be nervous about telling my friends and then I got over it 'cause they're your friends. Even if they DO think it's stupid, they're still going to be your friends.

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
Nah. I used to be nervous about telling my friends and then I got over it 'cause they're your friends. Even if they DO think it's stupid, they're still going to be your friends.
That I'm not worried about. They are the kind of people who will remain friends with each other no matter what crazy things we do :p
.I just can't imagine their reaction ,none of them do stuff like this or really have an interest in graphic design or youtube like I do.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Subscriber growth starts of extremely slow but it picks up if you follow all the advice you've been given above. After an indefinite amount of time, subscriber growth will start to become exponential and that's where it all kicks off! I've been doing YouTube for about a year, but only seriously for the last 2 months and now I clock ~500 subs and ~6000 views per month.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
That I'm not worried about. They are the kind of people who will remain friends with each other no matter what crazy things we do :p
.I just can't imagine their reaction ,none of them do stuff like this or really have an interest in graphic design or youtube like I do.
I told my boyfriend, when we were first dating, that I played videos and recorded it on YouTube. On our first date. And he thought it was awesome. You never know what people might thing. He doesn't watch any of my videos, but he supports me and respects me whenever I need to do recording and leaves the room (we share the same office). So you'll be surprised what kind of support you'll get once you open up to your friends!

Reactions: Acrenzo

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
The first tip I tell people is to stop thinking of subscribers as something that you can just get. There is a person behind that subscription, and the only thing you can do to get them to join your club is to convince them with your content.
Each person is different, and something different will draw them in. It is this reason why consistent, predictable content styles are really important in subscriber retention. There are only two tips for subscriber growth that don't quantify them.

1 - Make higher quality content. How you do this is up to you since I don't know your content type, but make it better.
2 - Make content that people will see. Something that is overused or outdated won't get seen. Something recent like Sean Murray's death threats or "The Division" getting a movie are recent and boast as a chance for you to get into the top page of search results. You can't convince these very different people to subscribe if they never get the chance to see your content.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
To get subs you need views, there are a few different ways of getting views the main ones are through Youtube search. Can be hard getting videos ranked highly in search especially when starting out. Just keep making good quality videos and more people will start watching.

Prandall

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
hey Fluxuu! Welcome to Freedom! As others have said, post regularly and just get creative! Don't just do what everyone else does, get inspired and put your own twist on things! Whatever you do, don't ever give up if it's something you're passionate about!

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Hey! I'm a starter at youtube and I want to know, how you guys gained your subscribers.

Also leave some tips thank you!

By being consistent uploading every day or nearly every day and always interacting with the audience. Aside from that it's just been a waiting game more than anything. I've been at it for almost 2.5 years now.

Acrenzo

Freedom! Member
I told my boyfriend, when we were first dating, that I played videos and recorded it on YouTube. On our first date. And he thought it was awesome. You never know what people might thing. He doesn't watch any of my videos, but he supports me and respects me whenever I need to do recording and leaves the room (we share the same office). So you'll be surprised what kind of support you'll get once you open up to your friends!
Wow that's nice! Thanks for telling me this ! Gave me a..confidence boost to open up with my friends about me doing youtube!
Thanks a lot ! I am gonna tell me friends soon about my channel !