How do you grow a gaming YouTube channel with no commentary?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I've started a gaming YouTube channel in 2013 and created a new one last December.
I don't do commentary on my gaming YouTube channel.

I've seen many other YouTube gaming channels without commentary and I know they've been doing this way before me. That's one of the reasons I started a gaming YouTube channel; playing video games without commentary and having fun. They have many subscribers and I'm sure they deserve it.

My question is, how do you grow a gaming YouTube channel with no commentary?
Since there is no commentary, how does one grow without the personality of a regular gaming YouTube commentator?

It can be challenging to get my videos promoted to the first page since I don't have much views, even with the right tags.
Well i am such a channel who handles the same. Growing can be difficult but by uploading twice a day and making a series out of bigger games i managed to climb. I am doing a FFXIV (MMO) series wich turnes out quite populair and now working on a Diablo 3 series where i am doing a Playtrough with all 6 classes on Hard/Expert/Master difficulty wich grabs some attention now that i have a couple vids for it. I found best to pick 2 or 3 games you like to play and make a complete playthrough. By doing a series people come and sub as they want to see more. At least that is how i grow ;)

Beav3r

Freedom! Member
I find it quite strange doing commentary on my own (still a small channel).

Why don't you get some friends together on the same game and that way its not like you are talking to your self so much?

Hope this helps
Good luck

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
Well i am such a channel who handles the same. Growing can be difficult but by uploading twice a day and making a series out of bigger games i managed to climb. I am doing a FFXIV (MMO) series wich turnes out quite populair and now working on a Diablo 3 series where i am doing a Playtrough with all 6 classes on Hard/Expert/Master difficulty wich grabs some attention now that i have a couple vids for it. I found best to pick 2 or 3 games you like to play and make a complete playthrough. By doing a series people come and sub as they want to see more. At least that is how i grow ;)

Nice, congrats on climbing and growing.

That sounds challenging, considering the time to complete all that and I'm sure you can do it.
I enjoyed playing Diablo III for Xbox 360 and I would like to play it on my channel someday.

Yeah and I know what you mean.
The challenging part is getting the videos listed first over bigger channels with the same games. I was able to do this with one of the games I played and it has the highest view counts on my channel. Choosing the right titles and tags goes a long way.

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

slumberRabbit

Rising User
Jan 2, 2016
I find it quite strange doing commentary on my own (still a small channel).

Why don't you get some friends together on the same game and that way its not like you are talking to your self so much?

Hope this helps
Good luck

I see and I'll see what I can do.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Nice, congrats on climbing and growing.

That sounds challenging, considering the time to complete all that and I'm sure you can do it.
I enjoyed playing Diablo III for Xbox 360 and I would like to play it on my channel someday.

Yeah and I know what you mean.
The challenging part is getting the videos listed first over bigger channels with the same games. I was able to do this with one of the games I played and it has the highest view counts on my channel. Choosing the right titles and tags goes a long way.
Agreed. Slow and sure i am growing and one video's does better then the other. Most important thing is that i enjoy what i do. My channel may be simple with a handfull of fans but i like to sit back and play a game, live stream it and have a chat and afterwards make some small adjustments and pop it public. Everyone his own way right :p