Tips & Tricks How to Get Lots of Views (And Have a Great Overall Channel)

Théo Jouvin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 14, 2016
California, USA
YouTube
Something I have found effective is advertising to your target audience. Depending on what you are uploading, try sharing your channel in communities that you revolve around.

A good way of advertising your content is to brand it accross different social media sites. Twitter, for example, is a good way to start. Make a Twitter that represents your channel, and make your videos appear there when they are uploaded. People on Twitter may find your videos when searching in for key words having to do with it. Another benefit of having your Twitter linked to your YouTube is that when someone with another Twitter linked to their YouTube, likes your video, a tweet is posted on their Twitter, with you tagged in it, so their followers, will check you out.

Something else that is effective in videos are call-to-action techniques, where you call for your viewers to do something, such as, like your videos, comment, and or subscribe. You can do this by adding graphic overlays, annotations (don't make it too distracting), or just saying it in your commentary. You can also include some call to action in your description.

You should also try to make people want to watch your videos. To do this, having things like a good thumbnail will help. Try to find something that will really get people excited and want to click on your video. Have a good title also helps.

Make sure your channel and videos are of the best quality. Make sure you have a clear mic, good quality recordings, and don't let your videos drone on. You have to have a good personality and good editing skills. Keep the viewer entertained. One of the hardest things of being a YouTuber is keeping the viewer watching your videos. You will have probably noticed that the user retention time on your video isn't super high. To keep viewers interested, make sure you always have something to say. Whether you're cracking jokes or telling a story, keep the commentary alive.

Another way to keep the viewers interested:
Keep your videos short. Long videos will often become boring and cause the viewer to click away. Short videos, (If they are good), will make the viewer want more, therefore checking out your other videos, and maybe even subscribing.Sometimes, especially with gameplay, less, is more. Take only the best parts from your game play and or commentary to put into your video, so you can be suthereforeiewer stays to watch. Make sure your edits are clean and of high quality as well.

One way to entice your viewers to subscribe is with a high quality banner and profile picture. If you can't make one yourself, get someone else to. That has more skill in that area. Personally, if I see a YouTuber with a bad banner, I am less willing to subscribe.

To get your channel and videos suggested across YouTube or found in search results, include tags and words in your title, descriptions, and tags, that are relevant to your channel and or video(s). That way, you are directing your videos towards specific viewers. The ones you want to watch your video.

That's all I can say from my experience! :) I hope I helped.

TCG Official

New User
Jun 7, 2016
Canada
YouTube
About the Twitter Part though, wouldn't be hard for people to know your twitter e.t.c if you hardly have any views and your acc isn't really live?