I need help

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I thought that I was going to be able to do YouTube but I cannot do that. I always have homework and projects. Plus I am in the eighth grade learning at high school level. My grades are not too good. I am failing two of my classes. My parents also won't allow me to do YouTube because I am not going to go to regular high school. I never have the time to do anything and over the summer I still have to do work because my parents want to prepare me for this high school. I really don't have a solution.

Stenvyy

Rising User
Apr 11, 2016
YouTube
DeoDoeHD,

I know from experiences that it can really suck. However I think you will be able to do YouTube:

1. Find a balance between YouTube and School. If you don't- or if you're not sure if you have enough time today, don't do anything on YouTube
2. Prioritize. School should be your first priority. Start doing YouTube when you have your school work done.
3. Don't focus on quantity but on quality, if you upload an awesome video every week, you'll get better ratings than if you upload a regular gaming cut-com like everybody does. This will also give you time to think of ways to improve your videos, and if you don't have any time today, tommorow there will be a new day!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I thought that I was going to be able to do YouTube but I cannot do that. I always have homework and projects. Plus I am in the eighth grade learning at high school level. My grades are not too good. I am failing two of my classes. My parents also won't allow me to do YouTube because I am not going to go to regular high school. I never have the time to do anything and over the summer I still have to do work because my parents want to prepare me for this high school. I really don't have a solution.
I understand how school can be stressful, it's okay to put a higher priority on getting your grades higher. Focus is the hardest thing for me to work on, but everything in moderation can help you out for the future. It's lame that your parents restrict you on youtube, but it sounds like they want to prepare you for life in general. What are your options?

Alex Ecker Vlogs

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 28, 2016
Browerville, Minnesota
YouTube
Just prioritize i post every day im in 11th grade and have sports and i post every day plus i have around a 3 gpa but you just have to prioritize. Good Luck!

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Honestly i think you're too young to start. Wait til you have life a bit more sorted out and you've developed more organizational and social skills. Youtube takes a lot of time, make sure you have plenty of it.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Honestly i think you're too young to start. Wait til you have life a bit more sorted out and you've developed more organizational and social skills. Youtube takes a lot of time, make sure you have plenty of it.
I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I understand how school can be stressful, it's okay to put a higher priority on getting your grades higher. Focus is the hardest thing for me to work on, but everything in moderation can help you out for the future. It's lame that your parents restrict you on youtube, but it sounds like they want to prepare you for life in general. What are your options?
My option is to find another hobby or try to do youtube. The way things are now that is never going to happen.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
My option is to find another hobby or try to do youtube. The way things are now that is never going to happen.
That's definitely frustrating. You can always practice talking when you're not working on youtube, and maybe convince your parents that it's a wonderful learning experience? Once your grades go up, I bet you'll have a lot more freedom in your life!

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
That's definitely frustrating. You can always practice talking when you're not working on youtube, and maybe convince your parents that it's a wonderful learning experience? Once your grades go up, I bet you'll have a lot more freedom in your life!
I could do youtube during the summer and what not. When the next school year comes I won't be able to do youtube. I really don't know what to do.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I could do youtube during the summer and what not. When the next school year comes I won't be able to do youtube. I really don't know what to do.
Hmm.. Well, if you're able to talk to your parents about it more, maybe you can reason with them? Tell them that it won't consume your entire life, and you'll work on it sparingly. It's good to have at least a little wiggle room hopefully.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Hmm.. Well, if you're able to talk to your parents about it more, maybe you can reason with them? Tell them that it won't consume your entire life, and you'll work on it sparingly. It's good to have at least a little wiggle room hopefully.
The real reason why I want to do youtube is to escape reality. I don't have a lot of friends because I am anti social. My mom keeps telling me to make friends and is also telling me to stop being anti social. I love playing video games and with the friends I have now they know nothing about them besides that they exist. Also I was bullied really badly. I could try talking to my parents about youtube.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
The real reason why I want to do youtube is to escape reality. I don't have a lot of friends because I am anti social. My mom keeps telling me to make friends and is also telling me to stop being anti social. I love playing video games and with the friends I have now they know nothing about them besides that they exist. Also I was bullied really badly. I could try talking to my parents about youtube.
Youtube is a great way to relax yourself in general. I felt the same way growing up for talking to people. Meeting friends on freedom is the way to help with that. You should definitely mention to them that youtube is a coping mechanism that lets you feel better about life in general. It's like any other hobby, in moderation it can help ^^

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Youtube is a great way to relax yourself in general. I felt the same way growing up for talking to people. Meeting friends on freedom is the way to help with that. You should definitely mention to them that youtube is a coping mechanism that lets you feel better about life in general. It's like any other hobby, in moderation it can help ^^
Thank you so much. You are really helpful. I will talk to them about this and will tell you what they say.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thank you so much. You are really helpful. I will talk to them about this and will tell you what they say.
No worries, I try to help when I can. It's lame to be restricted in something like that. I hope that things go smoothly for you DeoDoe! Definitely let me know how it goes ^^

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I talked to my parents and they said that I can do youtube after my finals. Since I also want to try and become a pro gamer I will post content on youtube of me getting better and will be streaming on twitch so that people can see my skill improve live.

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
If you really don't have that much time, prioritize school now by just posting a tiny amount of videos then when you have free time actually start, I prioritize school and the work they give you but I have a lot of free time on the weekends so that's when I record.