I want to become a pro gamer

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
It had been a dream of mine to become a professional gamer. I know that I can achieve this goal. I know I have to practice playing everyday. Is there any other advice you would like to give me?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You don't become good simply by playing. You need to study the happenings in the game and know how to manipulate every action that your enemy could take within the next few seconds. It's alot more than simply being "good" at a game.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
You don't become good simply by playing. You need to study the happenings in the game and know how to manipulate every action that your enemy could take within the next few seconds. It's alot more than simply being "good" at a game.
Thank you so much this will definitely help me

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
It had been a dream of mine to become a professional gamer. I know that I can achieve this goal. I know I have to practice playing everyday. Is there any other advice you would like to give me?
Getting a coach helps, but that takes a lot of money. Try working with more friends, and tell them you want to tryhard it up for a bit :p

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Getting a coach helps, but that takes a lot of money. Try working with more friends, and tell them you want to tryhard it up for a bit :p
Lololol. The friends I have dont really know much about video games. They don't even know about esports either. I have one friend that wants to do youtube so I guess I could get some input about this from her.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Lololol. The friends I have dont really know much about video games. They don't even know about esports either. I have one friend that wants to do youtube so I guess I could get some input about this from her.
You can find more professional people on freedom as well. They can definitely help you raise the bar if you find the right person :p

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
You can find more professional people on freedom as well. They can definitely help you raise the bar if you find the right person :p
I will definitely do that. I actually told my brother about doing pro gaming and he told me to go for it. I like having that motivation. Of course my parents don't know about this because I don't know how they would take it. Plus I will be looking at a local of streams and record some videos so that I can review them.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I will definitely do that. I actually told my brother about doing pro gaming and he told me to go for it. I like having that motivation. Of course my parents don't know about this because I don't know how they would take it. Plus I will be looking at a local of streams and record some videos so that I can review them.
It can definitely give you some more motivation and aspirations in life. I'd make time for it if you can, but make sure that school is your priority ^^ Knowledge is definitely important, and staying on top of your grades.

Last edited:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It can definitely give you some more motivation and aspirations in life. I's make time for it if you can, but make sure that school is your priority ^^ Knowledge is definitely important, and staying on top of your grades.
I have to second this, while you can have the dream of becoming a pro gamer, you must realize it's a long shot in this world where so many are competing for even the top 1000 slots.
Focusing of school should be a priority, and finding something intellectual that you have an affinity towards can be a good cushion if you either don't get big or if you fall apart when you do get big.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I have to second this, while you can have the dream of becoming a pro gamer, you must realize it's a long shot in this world where so many are competing for even the top 1000 slots.
Focusing of school should be a priority, and finding something intellectual that you have an affinity towards can be a good cushion if you either don't get big or if you fall apart when you do get big.
I know that it is a long shot but I know that I can do it. I know that school is a priority but the truth is that I stopped liking school due to being bullied and being mistreated by teachers. That is probably why my grades went down. Beyond the point I am coming up with a way to do my homework quick but effectively and still have time to review game play and play some games.

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
You need to know every tactic and strategy there is to the game, and you need to let people give you criticism. You have to take that criticism in and see what you can do better. You need to constantly improve your strategy, your skill. You need to study other pros. It's hard work! Good luck :). Also, for what game, or is it a specific game?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I know that it is a long shot but I know that I can do it. I know that school is a priority but the truth is that I stopped liking school due to being bullied and being mistreated by teachers. That is probably why my grades went down. Beyond the point I am coming up with a way to do my homework quick but effectively and still have time to review game play and play some games.
The bullies just want to bring you down, and we all know that nobody wants a bully to succeed. By caring less about school, you let them win, you let them get what they wanted. Focus, bring yourself up in school. Regardless of how you're treated, it should be the priority. We all need a pillow to rest on.

[NOT MY VIDEO]

Last edited:

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
You need to know every tactic and strategy there is to the game, and you need to let people give you criticism. You have to take that criticism in and see what you can do better. You need to constantly improve your strategy, your skill. You need to study other pros. It's hard work! Good luck :). Also, for what game, or is it a specific game?
This is for hearthstone and I may start playing LOL as well.

Reactions: This Is Ethan

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
The bullies just want to bring you down, and we all know that nobody wants a bully to succeed. By caring less about school, you let them win, you let them get what they wanted. Focus, bring yourself up in school. Regardless of how you're treated, it should be the priority. We all need a pillow to rest on.

[NOT MY VIDEO]
Thank you so much for being very supportive about what I want to do in my life. You are an amazing human being and good things will continue to happen to you.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Since there are collegiate esports and what not I will be practicing right now all the way to college to college so that I can participate in matches as well. Right now I'm in middle school and next school year I will be in high school. Years of practice will be good to have also reviewing footage and looking at pro players play as well.

Reactions: This Is Ethan

PatrickOnEdge

Rising User
Apr 19, 2016
Philippines, Quezon CIty
YouTube
Learning is also an aspect to becoming professional in any game. Studying the items, the map and other in-game information can help you out immensely. However take this with a grain of salt. Because there is that fact that you don't need to know everything but as they say with knowledge comes power so be open to that idea. Watching current professionals can also help you out, see what they play, why they chose this and that. Try to figure out the deeper meaning on their thought process.

Best of luck!

Reactions: DeoDoeHD

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Learning is also an aspect to becoming professional in any game. Studying the items, the map and other in-game information can help you out immensely. However take this with a grain of salt. Because there is that fact that you don't need to know everything but as they say with knowledge comes power so be open to that idea. Watching current professionals can also help you out, see what they play, why they chose this and that. Try to figure out the deeper meaning on their thought process.

Best of luck!
Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: PatrickOnEdge

Kratzaman

Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2015
New York
YouTube
kratzaman
If you have a dream, you just have to chase it, you have to have a desire to get this like nothing else in the world, put all you have into this game, surround yourself with good people, study the game, grind hard in all of your free time and find people that will really motivate you to be your best. Don't let other people shoot down your dreams and if you put all you got into this I'm sure you can make it. Alright I'm done giving my pep talk hoped you enjoyed it lol :)

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
If you have a dream, you just have to chase it, you have to have a desire to get this like nothing else in the world, put all you have into this game, surround yourself with good people, study the game, grind hard in all of your free time and find people that will really motivate you to be your best. Don't let other people shoot down your dreams and if you put all you got into this I'm sure you can make it. Alright I'm done giving my pep talk hoped you enjoyed it lol :)
Thank you so much for this pepe talk. It really gave me the motivation that I needed. I will do my best and then do better than that. I know that I can do it even though the odds are slim I want to make my dream a reality.

Reactions: Kratzaman