Solved I'm afraid to create an adsense account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick69

New User
Dec 29, 2016
So not long time ago i started a thread asking if i can join without linking an adsense account and got this answer:

"No. When you are able to create an AdSense account that means your channel is ready for a partnership. Your monetization is going to be enabled when joinng Freedom!. Freedom! will then take the money that would normally go to AdSense and pay you out with that instead."

then i was like ok cool, maybe i'll consider joining freedom!

Now i decided to partner with freedom, but i checked the forum and heard that you need to link adsense

"You will need to have it enabled to join. If you're not able to enable it through AdSense there's sadly no way for you to get into Freedom."

and i was like nevermind, maybe i'll quit youtube or use something else like patreon. My friend's adsense have $180 in it and got banned because of invalid click activity, which makes me nervous to make an adsense account.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
So not long time ago i started a thread asking if i can join without linking an adsense account and got this answer:

"No. When you are able to create an AdSense account that means your channel is ready for a partnership. Your monetization is going to be enabled when joinng Freedom!. Freedom! will then take the money that would normally go to AdSense and pay you out with that instead."

then i was like ok cool, maybe i'll consider joining freedom!

Now i decided to partner with freedom, but i checked the forum and heard that you need to link adsense

"You will need to have it enabled to join. If you're not able to enable it through AdSense there's sadly no way for you to get into Freedom."

and i was like nevermind, maybe i'll quit youtube or use something else like patreon. My friend's adsense have $180 in it and got banned because of invalid click activity, which makes me nervous to make an adsense account.
I think you got the wrong info as Adsense is used for youtube to pay you when you partner with youtube. In this case you partner with Freedom wich handles the payment trough paypal and therefor don't need adsense ;)

Upvote 0

Nick69

New User
Dec 29, 2016
I think you got the wrong info as Adsense is used for youtube to pay you when you partner with youtube. In this case you partner with Freedom wich handles the payment trough paypal and therefor don't need adsense ;)

i mean they said that my channel monetization had to be enabled, and to enable it you had to link to adsense

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
i mean they said that my channel monetization had to be enabled, and to enable it you had to link to adsense
You can create a adsense as back-up but it is not needed. Once you partner with a network you will be seen as youtube partner and then can turn on Monetize for your video's.
Regarding the click activity you mention that mostly happens when a person itself tries to boost their income with clicking their own adds multiple times.
I wouldn't worry about such things ;)

Upvote 0

Nick69

New User
Dec 29, 2016
Hey,

Yes, you will need an AdSense account to join Freedom. Though once you're in the network you won't need that AdSense account anymore as Freedom pays you instead of AdSense.

Ok. Any tips on how to protect it from being randomly banned like my friend's? or if my adsense account got banned, will my freedom partnership got banned too?

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ok. Any tips on how to protect it from being randomly banned like my friend's? or if my adsense account got banned, will my freedom partnership got banned too?
There isn't really anything that you can do, to protect it - one of the main things I would say is don't click on your own ads / don't constantly watch your own videos as YouTube can trace the IP address, and if they think you are boosting your own revenue they can temporarily / permanently disable your adsense account. Regarding the second part of your query, you wouldn't necessarily get banned from Freedom you would more than likely just be removed from the network, as when adsense accounts are terminated / banned then more than likely you have done something against YouTubes terms of service, and as such would more than likely be in breach of the agreement you signed when joining Freedom

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
As mentioned by my lovely support forum colleague above AdSense doesn't randomly ban or disable accounts for no reason. Common reasons for account suspension are watching your own videos, asking friends to watch your videos and maybe even click on ads or many claims on videos. You may read about the suspension here:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/57153?hl=en

Also if it was really a wrong suspension there's a way to appeal it here:
https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/2707037?hl=en

Upvote 0

Nick69

New User
Dec 29, 2016
As mentioned by my lovely support forum colleague above AdSense doesn't randomly ban or disable accounts for no reason. Common reasons for account suspension are watching your own videos, asking friends to watch your videos and maybe even click on ads or many claims on videos. You may read about the suspension here:
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/57153?hl=en

Also if it was really a wrong suspension there's a way to appeal it here:
https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/2707037?hl=en
Ok thanks, you can make this thread solved

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.