Solved Linking second channel, confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofyGupta

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2014
YouTube
GoofyGuptaBalls
Hi,

My first channel is partnered with Freedom. When I check the monetization section on YouTube, it says my channel is linked with Freedom. On Freedom, I added my second channel to my profile. On that channel, it does not say it is linked with Freedom. On Freedom, it says CMS not linked for that second channel. Channel has less than 10,000 views but will surpass that today. So I have many questions..

1) What does CMS not linked mean and how do I fix it? Will that have my second channel say its linked with Freedom on YouTube?
2) Do I need to be partnered with both YouTube and Freedom? I applied for a YouTube partnership just now because I was confused, but I can cancel that by contacting their support.

Thanks in advance.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
1) Freedom! is a YouTube CMS. "CMS not linked" basically means you are not in the network with that channel.
2) Yes, you need to be in the YouTube Partner Program to join Freedom!.

Upvote 0

GoofyGupta

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2014
YouTube
GoofyGuptaBalls
1) So, once I'm approved by YouTube, I will then be reviewed by Freedom? Or do I need to do another application for Freedom?
2) Ok. So on my first channel, I was partnered with Freedom before the YouTube partner program was a thing. Does that mean that channel is somehow not in the YouTube partner program? Or, was I automatically put into it when it was created?

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned above all channels which are monetised or have that ability, would have been added to the YPP. Once your channel has gained the 10K view you may want to send support a ticket just so they are aware of that otherwise they might unintentionally hold up your application as they might think it hasn't surpassed the view yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.