More ads on videos?!

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
I was shocked to see this today from a subscriber... Is this something I should look into, does my Network do this? Are there benefits?dd.png

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Yeah you can do that for long videos...
I believe you can even pick when the ads happen...

I'm not real sure how it works cause I don't use it but I think the video has to be at least 20 or 30 minutes long to have the option

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
Yeah you can do that for long videos...
I believe you can even pick when the ads happen...

I'm not real sure how it works cause I don't use it but I think the video has to be at least 20 or 30 minutes long to have the option
I think it just has to be longer than 15 minutes...ish. I've been given the option on a lot of my longer videos that are still under 20min. Could be wrong.

Reactions: Hail Kira

Flex Bormarr

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
Yeah in the monetization page and on the bottom check the box that says "Display ads during video" or whatever, then just add em in

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Yeah they let you do it on longer videos. I don't use it myself though but it does let you choose when to put it in if you want to use them. You can even do multiple breaks if you really want to.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
For long videos, midrolls are a thing, but I tend to see them as pure evil. Especially if they're placed right before a punchline of some kind or in a long relaxing music mix.

I'm perfectly fine with pre-roll and post-roll ads, but I really don't see the need for mid-rolls unless necessary to make ends meet.

Also a note: Back in the day, I used to set a mid-roll about 2 seconds before the end of the video, and a post-roll after that. If you were watching a single video and went to make a sandwich, than that was my gain, but I didn't see it as greatly if someone was watching a playlist of a series I had done.