Need A New Microphone!

ITechnologyman

New User
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
My current microphone has sadly broken :( And I need a new one, this is were you can help me!
I am currently considering the Snowball ice from Blue Microphones, as i have a limit of $100 AUD and if it is XLR it needs to have an XLR to USB included in the price. if you have any suggestion please tell me!
- ITechnologyman

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I'm not sure what AUD conversion rate to USD is, but I really like the Blue Yeti Microphone. It's about $100? I think? I don't remember, but it's super nice!

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It would be best to hold to your guns and save that little extra until you can get a Blue Yeti. You'll be way better off than some budget solution.

ITechnologyman

New User
Apr 10, 2016
YouTube
Razer has a sponsorship program. Maybe look into joining that.
I am not a big channel, i doubt they would accept me.
It would be best to hold to your guns and save that little extra until you can get a Blue Yeti. You'll be way better off than some budget solution.
I am only 12 years old, its hard for me to get money. And i urgently need a mic so the Blue Yeti will take to long!

Mura

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 2, 2016
YouTube
Well- I would get a Blue snowball microphone to start off with for around 40-50 pounds.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
A blue yeti costs at least $150 AUD it may be cheap for you but very hard for me.
You got many years before people in the YouTube community really take your stuff seriously, and maybe some time longer before you really start putting in the premium effort into your content. I'm just about to the turn of 18 and I'm just getting the hang of prime YouTube manipulation after being on the platform for over two years.

It seems like it would take too long, but it would be better that you wait whatever time it takes to get/earn that money and get the thing of higher quality. My old camera mic was bought due to it being cheap, but I would've saved $100 if I had waited and bought the $300 mic I have now, even though I thought the need was urgent, it was not.

Here's how I'll put it. Either spend $80 AUD now and get something that'll do you for a little while, or spend an additional $100 (to $180AUD + whatever tax) and get something far superior that you would've eventually gotten in the future anyways. It rounds out to "How much to spend on the long term, $180 or $260".

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
My current microphone has sadly broken :( And I need a new one, this is were you can help me!
I am currently considering the Snowball ice from Blue Microphones, as i have a limit of $100 AUD and if it is XLR it needs to have an XLR to USB included in the price. if you have any suggestion please tell me!
- ITechnologyman
Get the blue snowball ! But don't get the ice get the normal ! You can't switch between modes with ice !