Old Tomb Raider VS. Tomb Raider 2013

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Well my first experiences with Tomb Raider are the same as yours, Kan. I played the 2013 Tomb Raider as well, enjoyed it :p however, not very memorable to me since I barely remember anything from it. It is far from being a favorite game of mine but it was a really good game overall, in story, the environment, the music, Lara Croft was great, I enjoyed the survival aspect of the game etc. I heard that the old games were great too and I can believe that even if I have never played or watched them.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
It is sad to say, but the originals on the Playstation scared the heck out of me.. I remember being too scared to play because of the wolves haha... I was young...

I enjoyed the 2013 remake, I like the new style Lara, not just a pretty face with 2 other assets any more!

Reactions: Kan

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
I played the first tomb raider when it came out... it was awesome for it's time, I really enjoyed it. .. since then though I haven't got to play alot of tomb raider games... I own them... just no time to play...

Reactions: Kan

allison w

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
YouTube
alleykat112
me as a big tomb raider fan i gotta say i love all the tomb raider games but the old ones i love because i feel like the new ones took some of the feel out of the old games but honestly i love the new games as well so bottom line they are all great in their own way

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
me as a big tomb raider fan i gotta say i love all the tomb raider games but the old ones i love because i feel like the new ones took some of the feel out of the old games but honestly i love the new games as well so bottom line they are all great in their own way

I can get that. From what I have heard a lot of people say the new game feels like an uncharted game with Lara Croft on it instead of a true tomb raider.

allison w

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
YouTube
alleykat112
Why I did like the story aspect of 2013, my biggest question was... how does this tie in with tomb raiding? Then we got the little tombs throughout the way and I was kind of let down.

yeah thats what i was trying to get at with my answer i liked the story and things but it didnt tie in with the older ones at all its almost like its a whole new different tomb raider and thats the side that i didnt like with it

Kan

Superman
Freedom! Member
Jan 4, 2014
Metropolis
www.youtube.com
YouTube
AndrewKanFilm
yeah thats what i was trying to get at with my answer i liked the story and things but it didnt tie in with the older ones at all its almost like its a whole new different tomb raider and thats the side that i didnt like with it

I don't mind re-telling a story, but from what I gather here it didn't even pay homage to the original story we had.

allison w

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 4, 2014
YouTube
alleykat112
Now it could have been a situation where Square couldn't talk about the earlier games. It happens from time to time, but even then, that still sucks :/

that could be a possiblity who really knows but i agree if that is the case that does suck