Request Please review my channel (:

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Hey, so I thought I'd share my channel on here to get reviewed.

I've recently changed my whole style, but haven't deleted any of my old content because I still want to keep it there as history and part of my channels past, so if the thumbnails look a bit out of place, that will slowly change over time :)

So yeah, a bit of feedback on my new thumbnails, video quality in general and just anything you did or didn't like about it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcmhtZhYgJUxlKcpOwbD29g

Nc Gamer

Freedom! Member
So after a quick glance I am seeing Vlogs and Minecraft videos, which makes for an odd yet satisfying pair, not my preferred style of channel but you do seem to know what audience you are aiming for. I would say your biggest draw back would be the upload rate. They seems kind of hap-hazard in timing. On a side not are you gonna continue with Overwatch? If not I wouldn't set it off in its own column... Just a thought though.

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
So after a quick glance I am seeing Vlogs and Minecraft videos, which makes for an odd yet satisfying pair, not my preferred style of channel but you do seem to know what audience you are aiming for. I would say your biggest draw back would be the upload rate. They seems kind of hap-hazard in timing. On a side not are you gonna continue with Overwatch? If not I wouldn't set it off in its own column... Just a thought though.
Thanks! Really good decent advice, exactly what I was looking for :)

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Well, starting on your homepage I felt that it was nice and full, but you could change the layout a little not to all be the same style. Going over channel art I felt it was good but maybe a brighter text outline could improve the read-ability of the text in the logo. going into the latest videos I felt the quality was good, however the intro was far too long and really not necessary in my opinion. Consider shorting it or removing it completely as lots of people will just click away if the intro goes on forever. As for your thumbnails I liked the background of them but the text felt a little small, while it was still perfectly readable I just prefer larger text. I also suggest you try to keep to the same thumbnail style and work on making thumbnails for every video & make each thumbnail different in a series by changing the background or something as having the same thumbnail for each video if kinda dull. You also have a grey globe on your twitter link, see my guide here on how to correct that.​

Reactions: Gaara406

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Well, starting on your homepage I felt that it was nice and full, but you could change the layout a little not to all be the same style. Going over channel art I felt it was good but maybe a brighter text outline could improve the read-ability of the text in the logo. going into the latest videos I felt the quality was good, however the intro was far too long and really not necessary in my opinion. Consider shorting it or removing it completely as lots of people will just click away if the intro goes on forever. As for your thumbnails I liked the background of them but the text felt a little small, while it was still perfectly readable I just prefer larger text. I also suggest you try to keep to the same thumbnail style and work on making thumbnails for every video & make each thumbnail different in a series by changing the background or something as having the same thumbnail for each video if kinda dull. You also have a grey globe on your twitter link, see my guide here on how to correct that.​
Thanks for your feedback! I've only just started with my new thumbnails and such, so that's something that I will be continuing with in future videos! Interesting feedback about the intro, I've been thinking about re-doing it actually to make it shorter!
Also, I can't click the twitter link you posted so, if you could maybe link it again?