So... gonna have to start over, I guess..

AverageRageGamer

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2015
YouTube
With my account being hacked and deleted, I have to start over after almost 24k subs.

I don't know my information number or whatever here to submit a ticket because they deleted my account and I have to sign in with Google, and they deleted that. So no way to submit a ticket.

So, I have to start a second youtube... and work that one up from zero.

My question is.... If you had to start over, what changes would you make?

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Respect that you are going at it again after such a loss.
As for the question i would look back at wat was succesfull with your channel and build that back up. You now have alot of experience and know what your adience liked and disliked. I would use that to advantage for a comeback. I wish you the best of luck!

Brent Cone

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sweden
YouTube
WHAAAT!? That is flippin' terrible news about your channel!! :(

You have to contact Google about this right away, You don't have to start over!

Contact them about this as much as you can until they fully get back to you and responds!!

I've had similar problems about this before and they did help me out after contacting them multiple times and I don't even have 1K subscribers!

Contact Google with the email that your Youtube account was signed under with and they can help you reinstate your channel!

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
wow this is horrible, it makes me want to flip a table so maddening is this. IF you really need to restart your channel from scratch plz tell me and I will see what you make and give you some shoutouts, its the least that I can do for a member of the comunity.

Snaggle Teef

Utter Legend!
Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2015
Texas!
www.snaggleteef.com
SnaggleTeef
With my account being hacked and deleted, I have to start over after almost 24k subs.

I don't know my information number or whatever here to submit a ticket because they deleted my account and I have to sign in with Google, and they deleted that. So no way to submit a ticket.

So, I have to start a second youtube... and work that one up from zero.

My question is.... If you had to start over, what changes would you make?
I can't imagine what you're going through with so much work into your channel, and so many subs, its hard to believe that this wasn't taken more seriously by Google or YouTube. I really hope that something can be fixed and you can recover your account.

To answer your question.
Take what you learned from your old channel, (the positive) and bring it to your new one. Though time may bring in some subs I'm not sure what you had to do to get that many to begin with and I hope that you don't have to do it again! People obviously loved your content with that many subs so I really hope things work out for you.

I may speak for everyone here when stating that I admire your dedication, as most would give up after something like this happening to them. Stay strong! Hoping for the best!

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
When I started I did it out of nowhere so I would prob if I had to do over create a lot of content before hand do I would have more room posting, make sure I had a template/logo/headers/intro/outer all in style and make my vids look very put together. Now I'm constantly learning as I go what is oke, but when I will have the time I'm going to try and get as much as can more organized on my channel so I I'm not constantly changing everything.

Last edited:

King Wolfe

Jul 23, 2014
Texas
YouTube
the hardwork it takes just to get there, i remember building a facebook fan page to almost 50k fans and then facebook terminating it because i shared a link from bestgore. :(

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
24k lesson learned.
Out of curiosity how do I check to see if I am using two step verification? And if I'm not using it how do I set it up?
You can check this via your google settings. I think this is accessible via any google site like Youtube, gmail, etc. There is a section there called 'Security' where you can add your mobile number and turn on two step verification for all devices. Then once you verify your own devices, you can have them not ask for it again on those same devices. But verification will still be needed if you or anyone else tries to login from a different device.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
You can check this via your google settings. I think this is accessible via any google site like Youtube, gmail, etc. There is a section there called 'Security' where you can add your mobile number and turn on two step verification for all devices. Then once you verify your own devices, you can have them not ask for it again on those same devices. But verification will still be needed if you or anyone else tries to login from a different device.

Thanks. I was able to find it. Turned out mine was off but I just fixed that. Don't want to run into any problems down the line.

Believe

Renowned User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
Thanks. I was able to find it. Turned out mine was off but I just fixed that. Don't want to run into any problems down the line.

Even we use 2 step verification we are not safe! & 2 step is Must! and every file we download through internet is not safe some of files may inject with trojan programs (Remote administration tool) so the hacker can easily control our pc he can do whatever he want - we must have best anti virus system & its must upto date ~ have to use anti marlware software like MBAM - whatever we are not safe in the internet - really man @AverageRageGamer i have seen one of your old videos while u collab with some of youtuber, u r one of best person here on freedom community, on that video u shared very valuble information like dont expect anything for 6 months really u r great guy i feel very bad its just lesson keep go on whatever happen in life!