Starting College

Fredman

Well-Known User
Nov 5, 2014
Alberta, Canada
YouTube
As of Sunday 28th, I will officially be going to college, it is probably the most nerve racking and also most exciting thing I have ever done in my life. My only problem will be consistency with content. because even though I want to get through and pass college, I still want to continue making videos and putting them on the internet. I just really hope I can still make videos, so I guess the point of this is does anyone have any advice on how I can stay consistent????

MaddyFlahertyTV

Freedom! Member
Aug 21, 2016
England UK
YouTube
As of Sunday 28th, I will officially be going to college, it is probably the most nerve racking and also most exciting thing I have ever done in my life. My only problem will be consistency with content. because even though I want to get through and pass college, I still want to continue making videos and putting them on the internet. I just really hope I can still make videos, so I guess the point of this is does anyone have any advice on how I can stay consistent????
Maybe try creating 2-3 videos at once so you can have some pre-filmed and scheduled videos for your channel :)

Reactions: Fredman

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As @MaddyFlahertyTV said above try using the time you have to make more as many videos as you can, as you can always release these at a later date, and have a surplus just incase you get swamped with college work.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube

I actually found it pretty easy to do videos while attending college because of the whole choose your own schedule thing they let you do. (I'm assuming yours is the same way). I started youtube during my 4th year of college (Attended for 6 years) and overall youtube didn't slow down my education and education didn't really slow me down on youtube either (With the exception of one week in May 2015 where I took a short break to ensure that I passed a class that I was having trouble with)

Two of my friends who are attending college right now also seem pretty unaffected as well.

I know the experience is different for many people though so I hope it doesn't affect you too much. Just go into it with a positive mindset and see what you can and can't do.

LieutenantT1tan

Rising User
Aug 22, 2016
England
YouTube
LieutenantTitan
When I was at college I had free days where I wouldn't have to go in. So if you have any of those days you'll find that you should create a few videos within that day so your ahead of your schedule like everyone else has said. Always believe that you can continue with your channel, never let anything put you off. College consumes a lot of time and effort but it pays off and I'm sure you'll find time here and there to make and edit videos for you channel.