Status
Not open for further replies.

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
I want to get into live streaming more, I've streamed on Twitch and on Hitbox, but I can't decide where to stay. I need opinions. Where can I grow faster?

Smoothly

Rising User
Feb 21, 2016
YouTube
I want to get into live streaming more, I've streamed on Twitch and on Hitbox, but I can't decide where to stay. I need opinions. Where can I grow faster?

You should grow your Youtube channel first and after that you can move your audience on your Twitch channel or Hitbox channel.

Smoothly

Rising User
Feb 21, 2016
YouTube
Guys, you need to have a audience and after move them on twitch/hitbox (the platforms doesn't matter thats why I don't give you a opinion about what platform is better)(maybe it's matter because your audience may be friendly with Twitch or something like that). Have a good one!

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
hands down twitch... I think it has more users than hitbox... BUT I suggest you stream to all of them (youtube, twitch, hitbox and even dailymotion) at the same time... use restream.io
I've tried my hand at both, so why not both at the same time using restream.
I would like to stream on one site only, but thank you for the opinion :D

Last edited:

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
Guys, you need to have a audience and after move them on twitch/hitbox (the platforms doesn't matter thats why I don't give you a opinion about what platform is better)(maybe it's matter because your audience may be friendly with Twitch or something like that). Have a good one!
That's stupid. Why don't you grow both of them at the same time and move your audience from both sites to the other. It's faster and more efficient. What you said is stupid, I'm sorry.

Smoothly

Rising User
Feb 21, 2016
YouTube
That's stupid. Why don't you grow both of them at the same time and move your audience from both sites to the other. It's faster and more efficient. What you said is stupid, I'm sorry.
I'm done. I'm not trying to explain.

Smithy5000

May 13, 2016
Newcastle
YouTube
I'd have to side with smoothly, It would be hard to find the time to record and edit while trying to live stream as well, you should focus on just one. either Youtube first to get an audience going and when you have a few people watching your channel upload a vid to say your going to be streaming on twitch.

Or get the word out there about your channel on twitch, tell them why they should watch it and stream content they will be hooked to, once you have a following on there tell them about your YouTube channel and that they can watch your vids while you are offline.

Don't forget people who are already on Twitch will be watching the popular channels or their favorites, you wouldn't show on any of their feeds.

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
I'd have to side with smoothly, It would be hard to find the time to record and edit while trying to live stream as well, you should focus on just one. either Youtube first to get an audience going and when you have a few people watching your channel upload a vid to say your going to be streaming on twitch.

Or get the word out there about your channel on twitch, tell them why they should watch it and stream content they will be hooked to, once you have a following on there tell them about your YouTube channel and that they can watch your vids while you are offline.

Don't forget people who are already on Twitch will be watching the popular channels or their favorites, you wouldn't show on any of their feeds.
I don't like repeating what I say, so I'll say it as an analogy(It's also basic math). So your boss tells you to cook 2 burger patties. Would you cook 1 burger patty at a time, or cook 2? Of course you cook 2 because that's faster and more efficient. If your only reply is "Oh, it would be hard to focus are 2 things at a time, and you won't have enough time", nah. I have plenty of time and I'm a master at multi tasking. Summer is about to end and I already made my schedule while I'm in school.

Smithy5000

May 13, 2016
Newcastle
YouTube
I don't like repeating what I say, so I'll say it as an analogy(It's also basic math). So your boss tells you to cook 2 burger patties. Would you cook 1 burger patty at a time, or cook 2? Of course you cook 2 because that's faster and more efficient. If your only reply is "Oh, it would be hard to focus are 2 things at a time, and you won't have enough time", nah. I have plenty of time and I'm a master at multi tasking. Summer is about to end and I already made my schedule while I'm in school.

Can't believe you just compared Youtube and twitch to burgers, two completely different things. Great that you want to be cocky to people that want to help, nice that you tried to guess what i would say as well. If people from Youtube or twitch seen you talk like that them do you think they would keep on watching you? I highly doubt it.

If you can find time to go to school, then stream, the record, then edit you do that, i never said you couldn't.

I'm not saying you won't have the time to do both, I'm saying you wouldn't have the recognition to grow quickly on both. Concentrate on one get a foothold on it and start on the other.

And like I say to everyone who is still in school while trying to start a youtube career..... Focus on the school part and plan your career before youtube, If it doesn't work out you will have a career to fall back on.

and some words of advice, don't be arsey and sarcastic with people on here, we are all trying to help out each other

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
Can't believe you just compared Youtube and twitch to burgers, two completely different things. Great that you want to be cocky to people that want to help, nice that you tried to guess what i would say as well. If people from Youtube or twitch seen you talk like that them do you think they would keep on watching you? I highly doubt it.

If you can find time to go to school, then stream, the record, then edit you do that, i never said you couldn't.

I'm not saying you won't have the time to do both, I'm saying you wouldn't have the recognition to grow quickly on both. Concentrate on one get a foothold on it and start on the other.

And like I say to everyone who is still in school while trying to start a youtube career..... Focus on the school part and plan your career before youtube, If it doesn't work out you will have a career to fall back on.

and some words of advice, don't be arsey and sarcastic with people on here, we are all trying to help out each other
Mod msged me because I was obviously being a ****. Right, I'm sorry. Whatever, your opinion is yours, mine is mine. I'll stay in school, don't worry. I would obviously not leave school. Regarding about the "Can't believe you just compared Youtube and twitch to burgers, two completely different things." part. I said "so I'll say it as an analogy" do you know what an analogy is? Here, I'll save you your time: noun, plural analogies. 1. a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based: the analogy between the heart and a pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.