Uploading Queue for YouTube

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Is there anyway you can schedule an upload?

For example:
My boyfriend is usually playing video games until 4AM. I don't usually stay up that late, and I can't upload until he's done playing otherwise he'll get hit with some lag.

So I was wondering if there's a program or something that I just don't know, where I can be like, "Hey, I want to set this video up to upload to YouTube at 5AM while I'm sleeping."

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
You can actually schedule an upload to be posted on a time you'd like for it to be uploaded as YouTube already provided us a way to do so. When you're uploading a video, click on the box that says "Public". It'll then show you a list of options you can choose and one of them is Scheduled.

You can choose a date and time you want it to be published and YouTube will publish it when the time comes!

If you don't have that option, you can use TubeBuddy instead! When uploading, save the video as Unlisted. After the video is finished processing, head to your video list and click on the TubeBuddy logo beside the video you want to schedule! Then, click on Schedule Go-Live!

Choose the date and time for when you want the video to be posted and click on Save!

And your video is scheduled to be posted!

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Thanks @TheAimGames but I already knew that, and I wasn't really asking that question. I was curious to know if there's a separate program that will upload (not schedule) onto YouTube at a certain time of the day for me so I don't have to do it manually.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You can actually schedule an upload to be posted on a time you'd like for it to be uploaded as YouTube already provided us a way to do so. When you're uploading a video, click on the box that says "Public". It'll then show you a list of options you can choose and one of them is Scheduled.
She means a specific time to initiate the upload.

As far as I know, no such tool exists as of yet. However, one might be able to get an application that limits upload speed for specific applications (ex. Google Chrome) to prevent lag from being a thing.

Reactions: Enmoshin

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
As far as I know, no such tool exists as of yet. However, one might be able to get an application that limits upload speed for specific applications (ex. Google Chrome) to prevent lag from being a thing.
Ah, that's actually a pretty good idea! I'll check into that, thanks Nolan!