Video Outro - Should I have one?

MeetThyDoom

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Greetings fellow forum users! I'd like to ask whether or not a good channel should have an outro?I know from watching videos that use outros that they thank people for watching, promote the channel's social media and remind the viewer to subscribe. Now i dunno about you guys but I can't stand most outros. Too flashy, too modern and annoying and when reminded to subscribe you seem to be bugged to insanity. So no matter how good the video is and how much i may like to see more of that content...I won't subscribe cause that outro has made me sick and I never wanna see a video by that channel again.

Can you guys relate? Am I being to harsh?

NachoAverageGamers

May 18, 2016
YouTube
NachoAveGamers
Its not a bad idea. I mean, as long as its not obnoxious. Ours is just some royalty free music with a thank you message on screen and usually a little bit of relevant footage playing over it. I think its better than the video just straight up ending in most cases.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Greetings fellow forum users! I'd like to ask whether or not a good channel should have an outro?I know from watching videos that use outros that they thank people for watching, promote the channel's social media and remind the viewer to subscribe. Now i dunno about you guys but I can't stand most outros. Too flashy, too modern and annoying and when reminded to subscribe you seem to be bugged to insanity. So no matter how good the video is and how much i may like to see more of that content...I won't subscribe cause that outro has made me sick and I never wanna see a video by that channel again.

I have that feeling with a intro. First you see a advertisement. Then a Big Bang Intro, then a welcome talk to the new video and 10 min later 5 min of actual content.
Back to topic in some cases outro's could work but my opinion is leave it. Most times i already stopped watching before the outro even had a chance to show XD

Dewittejager

Rising User
May 22, 2016
YouTube
dewittejager
and if (im talking about my own video intro) a video intro is like 6 seconds long and wel made if i may say would it enoy i personly think not. an outro is i believe made to add some extra minute(s) to the video if you plan wel and make the video a bit more than 10 minutes you can add midroll ads and tune op your ravenue really big. for example if your video is like 9 minutes and with outro 10 you have the posibility to add a midroll ad.

but i believe this is really my thinking i personly dont dislike outros for example the one type unbox therapy uses to make a quick look on next episode

Reactions: MeetThyDoom

MeetThyDoom

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I have that feeling with a intro. First you see a advertisement. Then a Big Bang Intro, then a welcome talk to the new video and 10 min later 5 min of actual content.
Back to topic in some cases outro's could work but my opinion is leave it. Most times i already stopped watching before the outro even had a chance to show XD

I see you've seen my videos, well I'm tryng to improve them starting with this one.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
I use my outro to promote other videos in the series that I am running.

It's a great way to direct people to your other content and if people have watched to the end chances are they want to see more any way.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube

It's up to you.

I used to not have one, but now I do for all my videos, and they're all different based off the series that I'm currently playing. I think it can increase viewers to different videos, if something catches their eyes. Some times, people just don't like to flip around the playlists to hopefully find someone. An outro might be nice, if you have a "watch my other videos" list. (If this makes sense)

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I don't think it's something that is essential, as it is your channel you can make it how you like though :) I think the best reason for them is to give the viewer something similar to the video they just watched. That way they know you have more content like that if they enjoyed the video. I do agree the "smash that like button" and repeatedly asking you to subscribe to the the channel gets a bit annoying though.