Warning! Fake Freedom! Email

Théo Jouvin

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 14, 2016
California, USA
YouTube
Hey there. I don't know if I am the only one that had received this email, but I figured I would let all of you know what it is. Earlier today, I received an email telling me to reset my Freedom! password because my account "was in danger". If any of you have received the email, it is a fake email, that leads you to a fake phishing site. It will ask you to login with your google account, without going through Google. They are just trying to get into your accounts.

There are three things that led me to knowing this was fake.

1. They sent it to an email I am not using with Freedom!
2. They sent it from an email not registered with Freedom! (They sent it from a Google email.)
3, The site it leads you to, is an unsecure Weebly Website.

So just a warning to all users. Do not enter your email and password in their site! Don't click the link as well, as there may be scripts that can steal your passwords, etc.

If you are on a phone, you should be good to click it, but be cautious when on a computer.

image.png image.png image.png

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thats for the headsup, it is very similar to a phishing email that George mentioned in a recent video about Youtube verification - it seems like scammers will do anything nowadays.