What are your views on Pokemon GO?

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I have the app and what not but I really have no use for it. I cant really go all over the place since I am not old enough to drive and not only that even if I was old enough I do not want to die. This game is becoming very dangerous. There are a lot of things happening and not only that but people are put into some bad situations.

Reactions: Kingsteel

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
I haven't played the game, but based on videos I've seen and feedback I've seen, the game seems quite fun. But people shouldn't forget that they are moving around in the real world, and going to real world locations. So they should be very careful where they go, and what they do. They should always be aware of their surroundings.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Well i play it together with my Daughter. I have a big park a couple blocks from my home wich is an ideal place for me and my daughter to go out and hunt for some Pokémon. Besides that i am guilty of walking a block at work when i'm on break as there are 2 Gyms next to my work and a couple Pokéstops :p

Folke Siren

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
YouTube
I have the app and what not but I really have no use for it. I cant really go all over the place since I am not old enough to drive and not only that even if I was old enough I do not want to die. This game is becoming very dangerous. There are a lot of things happening and not only that but people are put into some bad situations.
Well it consumed my life and i think that it is a great game :D

Twinsplus

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2015
YouTube

Pokemon Go is a great idea in my opinion. Where I live I see so many people walking around and playing, so not only is it getting people to go outside and be active, but it is also helping the businesses that are pokestops and bringing people closer together

Breezy123

Freedom! Member
Jul 3, 2016
England
YouTube
I'm sure you won't die, just make sure you keep your wits about you and don't engulf your vision with your phone. Make sure you are still aware of your surroundings

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
It would be nice if I had the opportunity to actually play the game but sadly I cant. My parents will not drive me around just so I can catch some fictional pokemon. My siblings are always busy so basically there really is not a point for me to have the app anyway. I will keep the app on my phone just in case someone in my household actually has time to catch some pokemon with me.

InnocentMusik

Musician and amateur composer/producer
Freedom! Member
I absolutely enjoy Pokemon Go, it's an excuse to get myself out and walk around. But it can be dangerous overall if nobody is being careful and sadly it's not always in our control even if we're careful. This should be very obvious but I would recommend always bring a friend or go in groups if you're going around and always go out in day time even if family can't help you.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I absolutely enjoy Pokemon Go, it's an excuse to get myself out and walk around. But it can be dangerous overall if nobody is being careful and sadly it's not always in our control even if we're careful. This should be very obvious but I would recommend always bring a friend or go in groups if you're going around and always go out in day time even if family can't help you.
The thing is my friends are not into video games not only that but my parents would never allow me to leave the house.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
On Monday night I went down the the park and there were about 50 others playing at around 11pm, never seen a game have such an influence on people. There are no lights there or anything, just everyone lit up from their phones :D

As the others have said be very careful where you go especially if you are not an adult

It would be nice if I had the opportunity to actually play the game but sadly I cant. My parents will not drive me around just so I can catch some fictional pokemon. My siblings are always busy so basically there really is not a point for me to have the app anyway. I will keep the app on my phone just in case someone in my household actually has time to catch some pokemon with me.

Could you not catch them on the way to school or something? Also you are better off walking around rather than driving, maybe tell your parents to come with you and it would be a good form of exercise.

yeagerbomb

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 14, 2016
YouTube
yeagerbomb31
I think it's good in some ways... families go out for walks together trying to find pokemon, brings the family closer together. But I have also been in the vehicle with my wife while she plays and, well, wow. I've seen services advertised online for essentially a taxi that will take you around to catch pokemon so I guess someone is profiting.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
On Monday night I went down the the park and there were about 50 others playing at around 11pm, never seen a game have such an influence on people. There are no lights there or anything, just everyone lit up from their phones :D

As the others have said be very careful where you go especially if you are not an adult

Could you not catch them on the way to school or something? Also you are better off walking around rather than driving, maybe tell your parents to come with you and it would be a good form of exercise.

I am on summer break and the only walking I can do is through my neighborhood. I do not have the luxury of being able to walk anywhere I can with my parents because there is nothing really near where I live. Sadly I dont think I will be able to even enjoy Pokemon Go like some other people.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I think it's good in some ways... families go out for walks together trying to find pokemon, brings the family closer together. But I have also been in the vehicle with my wife while she plays and, well, wow. I've seen services advertised online for essentially a taxi that will take you around to catch pokemon so I guess someone is profiting.
I wish my family had the opportunity of doing that but that will never happen.

Olivea Sea

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member

I like the app and with some good sense nothing can really happen :p Lol I think it's so funny it's like this new generation is not used to playing outside anymore when in my time it was the most normal thing to do. I think it's a good stimulant to get out there and explore your suround and commmmoon!! they brought pokemon to life I'm a fan and can't wait untill they expand!