what causes you to subscribe to a person? What is your process?

Chronamut

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
just curious as to what your guys processes are..

personally for me if someone asks for me to subscribe to them I generally will not. However if I see them posting frequently on my videos I might check them out, and if I like their stuff, then I will subscribe to them.

Also if there is a series or a user I search for a lot I will most likely eventually subscribe to them, just to show my support, but I don't generally check their channel for new stuff - I sometimes do, but I usually forget to - so I'll just search the stuff from them I usually like, and then if something new appears in the related field I will click that - hopping from video to video, commenting as I go..

how about you guys?

Reactions: Insanity Promotions

MemoGaming

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2014
UK
YouTube
I usually randomly stumble upon channels, and If I see a video with a title (and thumbnail) I like I will click on it and watch it. If I like the first part of the video I will normally subscribe, but if I'm not sure, I'll watch another just to make sure I like all the persons content. c:

Reactions: Insanity Promotions

Insanity Promotions

Freedom! Member
Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I usually randomly stumble upon channels, and If I see a video with a title (and thumbnail) I like I will click on it and watch it. If I like the first part of the video I will normally subscribe, but if I'm not sure, I'll watch another just to make sure I like all the persons content. c:
Same here

Reactions: MemoGaming

ozmodion

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Ozmodion
I normally search fro games that i am playing privately (not recording and uploading) and see what they do/how they play and if i like it, feel comfortable listening to their voice and gameplay then i might sub. but being a content creator really restricts the amount of time i have for that now.

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
I think, for me, it's how much effort they put into producing their videos, and of course, the type of videos created. The person matters, too. I don't like subscribing to someone who's "dumb" or talks "dumb," I like watching people who can share their knowledge or have some sort of interesting topic. I like subscribing to people who I want to kind of emulate and do better as a YouTuber.

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I have to enjoy multiple of their videos or really like them as a person. For example when I encountered MrRhexx last night I watched a couple of his videos but when I enjoyed them so much that I decided I would really like to see more of this in the future I looked at what videos he is producing now. Found that I still like what he makes now and decided to subscribe. I don't just subscribe to anyone these days. However, even if I don't watch Graham Hancock's videos a lot. He is a brilliant author and doing some fantastic studies into consciousness and for that I give him a big, fat sub. With extra lettuce :D

Row

Forum Administrator // YouTuber... -ish
Freedom! Member
Feb 21, 2014
YouTube
3-5 videos that I genuinely like and bam I subscribe! :D