What's Your Schedule?

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
What's your schedule like on a day where you record?
How do you prepare?

For me:
I usually wake up in the morning (around 8AM). I don't go to school and I'm currently a freelance graphic designer. Take a shower, brush my teeth, the basic stuff! If I have commissions, I usually get one or two out of the way. After that, I get some breakfast, and then I get set up for recording.

Usually the night before, I figure out what game I want to play, so I don't have to lull over that during the day. I turn on OBS Studio, make sure my game works fine. Set the lighting a little bit depending on what the weather is like. Make sure to shoo the dogs out of the room 'cause they like to bark randomly! Sometimes you'll still hear the dogs barking in the background even though I've closed the door. >_<

I set up a timer on my phone and I go ahead and record! I usually have my phone on silent and on my lap, so when the timer goes off, I'll know immediately without disrupting my recording session.

After the recording session is done, I'll double check to make sure the video turned out alright. If I have previously recorded videos, I'll try to render those before anything else.

Once that is done, I go about my day normally. Work on some more commissions and if I have extra time, I'll try to get more recording in. And then repeat! :)

Reactions: Denis Amazing Mixes

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Lately it's wake up eat breakfast and then record sometimes several episodes at a time. Night recording has become a bit more rare for me as of late since I've been better about getting things done during the day recently. Usually if I have to record something at night though I try to make sure I am well rested if possible so maybe a nap if necessary if I didn't sleep enough during the day.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
What's your schedule like on a day where you record?
How do you prepare?

For me:
I usually wake up in the morning (around 8AM). I don't go to school and I'm currently a freelance graphic designer. Take a shower, brush my teeth, the basic stuff! If I have commissions, I usually get one or two out of the way. After that, I get some breakfast, and then I get set up for recording.

Usually the night before, I figure out what game I want to play, so I don't have to lull over that during the day. I turn on OBS Studio, make sure my game works fine. Set the lighting a little bit depending on what the weather is like. Make sure to shoo the dogs out of the room 'cause they like to bark randomly! Sometimes you'll still hear the dogs barking in the background even though I've closed the door. >_<

I set up a timer on my phone and I go ahead and record! I usually have my phone on silent and on my lap, so when the timer goes off, I'll know immediately without disrupting my recording session.

After the recording session is done, I'll double check to make sure the video turned out alright. If I have previously recorded videos, I'll try to render those before anything else.

Once that is done, I go about my day normally. Work on some more commissions and if I have extra time, I'll try to get more recording in. And then repeat! :)
Wake up in the morning at 5:00am, write for a while, head to work around 7:20am, work until about 1:00pm, ride home and I get back around 1:40pm, I start my rice, relax until 3:00pm, then I'm either writing more, or trying to work on video effects. My time off is around 7:00pm, depending on the day, but I'm planning on uploading new content when my expansion comes out ^^

Enmoshin

Enmoo~
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Wake Up
Do Random Stuff In The Morning
Eat Lunch
Record Video
Edit video
Do random stuff while it is downloading
Upload
Do random stuff
That sounds like me. XD

Lately it's wake up eat breakfast and then record sometimes several episodes at a time. Night recording has become a bit more rare for me as of late since I've been better about getting things done during the day recently. Usually if I have to record something at night though I try to make sure I am well rested if possible so maybe a nap if necessary if I didn't sleep enough during the day.

I'm actually surprised people get things done during the day! I was expecting more answers that are like.. I record at the dead of night. Haha.

Wake up in the morning at 5:00am, write for a while, head to work around 7:20am, work until about 1:00pm, ride home and I get back around 1:40pm, I start my rice, relax until 3:00pm, then I'm either writing more, or trying to work on video effects. My time off is around 7:00pm, depending on the day, but I'm planning on uploading new content when my expansion comes out ^^

So does that mean you're on Freedom! while are work XD I always see you on!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
That sounds like me. XD

I'm actually surprised people get things done during the day! I was expecting more answers that are like.. I record at the dead of night. Haha.

So does that mean you're on Freedom! while are work XD I always see you on!
Hah, no :p I only get on during the morning, and the afternoons now. Sometimes at night if I'm at home, but my schedule is getting more restrictive lately. I can't freedom from 7:10am-2:45pm due to work, rest, and relaxation ^^

SluiceGoose

Rising User
Mar 31, 2016
Washington
YouTube
The Goose starts his day at about 0600 (99% of the time its a Monday) with a cup of hot coffee and then head into the garage to inventory all his mining equipment and most importantly to ensure there is a roll of toilet paper in the back pack. Once everything is good to go, he waits for his digging buddy (mining by yourself isnt a good idea) to pick him up.

Once he arrives Goose loads all his gear and then its to 7/11 for a couple red bulls and a can of Copenhagen. 45 minutes later we arrive in a small town grocery store for beer and sammiches.

Then its a short drive to where the Goose throws on his bibs and backpack and then a short hike to the dig site.

Once at the dig site, usually about 0730-0800, the Goose just kind of "shoots from the hip" with his filming. Although he will try to cover some basics about prospecting for gold and the different types of equipment he is using. Unless there is a viewer specific request.

Spend all day digging, processing dirt and filming. Then it is home about 1800 (depending on time of year and available sunlight) to pan out any remaining concentrates and film the wrap up.

Off to the Goose's piece of junk laptop to edit together the video.....post to YouTube and pray for views.

James Starbuck

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 30, 2016
Leicestershire
www.facebook.com
YouTube
After work or on a weekend I'll go and see the movie I'm about to review in the evening (or if it's an older movie watch it on Blu Ray or DVD) then come home and make my notes along with a final verdict for what I want to cover in that specific review without spoiling anything of course and then either chill out or go to sleep.

Then the next day I usually get up around 9am, do a final check of my notes and get dressed, set my IPod camera up by blu tacking and taping it to the edge of my laptop in front of my DVD & Blu Ray collection and set the poster of what I'm reviewing on my Kindle or put the DVD or Blu Ray case on the mantle to highlight what I'm talking about. Then press record and start filming before putting it my editing software to prepare the file go to work, come home, do the editing and put the title sequence in (and coming soon will be some end cards) and upload it before sharing it to as many places as possible via social media.

NerdtasticHD

Freedom! Member
May 13, 2015
YouTube
Hey guys, I'm up at 7am work at 8am finish at 6pm, home for 6.45pm, then shower and dinner then i start recording at 7.30pm, edit and render at 9pm bed at 11pm.

Reactions: Enmoshin

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
Weekday
7:00am - wake up and get my kids ready for school/therapy, and out the door...
9am-10-30am - gaming/uploading time
1030 - 2 kids come home from therapy and i make them lunch and clean the house...
2pm - goto work
1am -get off work and drive home
2am-3am - gaming/youtube stuff (if im not too tired)
Sleep

Weekends theres no school, so i spend all day with the kids/work and only have a little time at night after they goto sleep to play... if Im not too tired...

If kids are sick... all goes to hell... lol

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
It really depends for what channel i'm filming for, but for the most part. On the weekends I film for my tech channel a bunch of videos from 7am till 9 or 10, earlier if I fill up all my memory cards. During the weekday outside of work or classes I download and edit videos. For my aquarium channel I almost always do my recordings when everyone is asleep (1am to 5am)

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I do all the normal stuff like go to school, shower, brush teeth etc. but I usually record all my videos on Friday, Saturday and Sunday because that's when I have most of my free time and upload 2 videos every day so basically 14 videos in one week lol

Calico Cidd

Rising User
Mar 25, 2016
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
YouTube
An Average day, with approx times:
Wake up at 5:30 am
Get ready for work
Leave the house at 6am (30 mile drive to my office)
7a-3p at work,
Home around 4p
4p-6p relax time, watch videos with the kids, etc
6p-7p promote my content via Twitter, instgram, vine, etc. make clips or pics/memes of the next video I'm releasing to try and boost views.
7p-8p dinner, cooking and eating
8p-1a random internet activities or recording new gameplay.
130a-ish bed.

Saturday is my big record day, I can get enough footage to last for a weeks worth of content on Saturday and then through the week I just try to find additional things to upload.

Alpha Oh

Apr 5, 2016
New Jersey
YouTube
Usually..

Wake up, check Facebook & E-Mails.
Check Twitter & Youtube
Figure out what I'm gonna record
Record
Edit the video
Go out and do stuff while it renders
Double check everything, then upload
Then I just do whatever for the rest of the day till I go to bed.