Fluffy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2014
California
YouTube
FluffysGames
Hello,

Over the last couple years, I've had no problem with YouTube's scheduled publishing feature - I set a video to be published on a certain day/time, and I tick the checkbox to have it post a notification on Twitter when the video goes live.

However, this changed for me very recently. Now, videos are published on time, as usual, but notifications are sometimes not posted to Twitter. I say "sometimes," because some videos do get posted to Twitter, and others do not - it's very inconsistent. When videos are published without a notification to Twitter, I do it personally.

This is becoming quite a bit of a bother, as it has been happening more and more frequently. I have been using YouTube's "Send feedback" link to report the issue every time it comes up.

I can see in my dashboard when a video is published, on what day, and at what time - so I know it was published. When I look at the video info & settings, the "Public/Unlisted/Private" dropdown menu DOES NOT list "Scheduled" - I've learned from experience that once a video has been published using the Scheduled feature once, it CANNOT be done so again. Given this, I know that it was published successfully. Also, when looking at the video info & settings page, I can see the Twitter checkbox is ticked, so I know it was set to post a notification upon publishing.

In short, I know this is not something on my end.

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Firstly, I thought when the video is public, it cannot be rescheduled.
Secondly, that has happened to me, and I do not think it is at our end - the easiest way to solve this is by using a awesome service we are given for FREE by Freedom! and that is Epoxy, easy way to schedule tweets, messages to Facebook and manage your comments.

Just go to your Freedom! dashboard, look under sponsorships and use your free access for all your advertising to social media.

Reactions: Fluffy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.