Solved Cannot find me in YouTube, search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMohawk

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2015
YouTube
Hello, Freedom!.

So I have had the problem of being almost impossible to find on the YouTube, search.

The only way you can find me even if you search my exact name "GreenMohawk" is to push the "Search instead for GreenMohawk" button.

Please note my channel has the same logo as my Freedom!

The only thing I have been recommended is to tell people to push the button but this will not work because I can't tell everyone who searches me to push it.

If anyone has the solution to this please let me know! if not can Freedom! help me out, please?

Here is an example of the search result:

Thanks so much for any help you might have!

TotallyJake

New User
May 1, 2016
Dude I have the same problem.
Its so annoying when you tell someone to search for your channel and they can't find it!
If I find out how to fix it ill be sure to let you know!

Upvote 0

slizerbladez

Gaming and Commentary
Freedom! Member
The reason this happens is because of YouTube's search algorithm. The YouTube (and Google) search boxes prioritise content that is more popular (i.e. has more views, subscribers, likes, comments, etc.). Because your channel is relatively small and you don't have many views, your channel and videos aren't shown at the top of the list.
The way to get around this is to have:
a. really popular content, OR
b. a unique name (like mine).
Unfortunately for small/beginner channels, the way searches work can really bone you, as it's less likely people will find your videos.
EDIT: You could also try adding keywords on your advanced settings page (https://www.youtube.com/advanced_settings). I'm not sure how much of an impact that would have though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreenMohawk

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2015
YouTube
The reason this happens is because of YouTube's search algorithm. The YouTube (and Google) search boxes prioritise content that is more popular (i.e. has more views, subscribers, likes, comments, etc.). Because your channel is relatively small and you don't have many views, your channel and videos aren't shown at the top of the list.
The way to get around this is to have:
a. really popular content, OR
b. a unique name (like mine).
Unfortunately for small/beginner channels, the way searches work can really bone you, as it's less likely people will find your videos.
EDIT: You could also try adding keywords on your advanced settings page (https://www.youtube.com/advanced_settings). I'm not sure how much of an impact that would have though.
My channel is more popular than the other Green Mohawk hat appears in the search and it doesn't show in any of the pages. I think the issue is it try to auto correct you to have a space and my channel does not. If I add tags that have a space would that help or no?

Upvote 0

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hi @GreenMohawk,

Pretty much what @slizerbladez said above,

A sure way to increase your search rankings is to grow your channel and have a larger fan base with longer viewer retentions. If you're really smart with SEO, you can improve your ranking results with the right techniques and keywords but YouTube takes time to update their engine after you update your meta data.

You can find all sorts of tutorials on YouTube SEO, so if you're eager to improve your search rankings I'd suggest you start there. :)

Upvote 0

GreenMohawk

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Apr 6, 2015
YouTube
Hi @GreenMohawk,

Pretty much what @slizerbladez said above,

A sure way to increase your search rankings is to grow your channel and have a larger fan base with longer viewer retentions. If you're really smart with SEO, you can improve your ranking results with the right techniques and keywords but YouTube takes time to update their engine after you update your meta data.

You can find all sorts of tutorials on YouTube SEO, so if you're eager to improve your search rankings I'd suggest you start there. :)
Alright

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.