How long does it take you to edit videos?

MattyRyan172

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 10, 2014
YouTube
Hello Freedom Family! I have a very simple question for all of you YouTubers. How long does one of your videos take to edit? It used to take me anywhere from 15-30 minutes before I started really spending time editing my videos, now it takes me around 1-2 hours to edit one. I just started really editing my videos and that got me thinking about how much time it takes for others to edit one of their videos.

Jdlikefood

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 17, 2016
YouTube
Usually it takes less than an hour, but the one I am working on now is taking well over that, so I guess it just depends on the video I am working.

TotalGamerHolic

Distinguished User
Nov 4, 2014
US, Ohio
YouTube
Usually about 25-30 mins per video. Editing for me involves syncing up the gameplay with the game audio and my voice track. Cutting out any unnecessary parts and adjusting the audio levels. After that its ready to render and export.

Jac Morton

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Feb 19, 2016
UK, West Yorkshire
YouTube
shotonwhite
Hello Freedom Family! I have a very simple question for all of you YouTubers. How long does one of your videos take to edit? It used to take me anywhere from 15-30 minutes before I started really spending time editing my videos, now it takes me around 1-2 hours to edit one. I just started really editing my videos and that got me thinking about how much time it takes for others to edit one of their videos.

The more videos I make the longer each one seems to take. It is because I want the next video to be better than the last.

I'm up to about 1-2 hours atm most of that is trying to correct the sound.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Depends. For my gaming channel less than an hour most times. But with my cinematography channel it takes me just under an hour for the mashups and for any big shoots that we do it can take me anywhere between 1 day to 3 weeks which includes colour grading and audio mixing.