Gaming Help me grow my channel! (Youtube Story)

Rogue Tripex

New User
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
So, my youtube experience was more of a emotional experience than it was any thing else, and still is more or less. So, around a year ago summer was about to end, and I didn't want to let go. The school year before I had so much trouble, just fitting in, I had made friends with people who (in reality) just wanted to use me for who I was, and intended to leave me all by myself afterwards. I didn't want to go back to any of that. I knew that if I did that things would only be worse, moving from an elementary school over to a middle school was a nightmare to me. Anyway, I wanted to hold on to summer vacation, I wanted to hold on to all of the peace and quiet. I didn't want to let go of my safe place, but I knew I was going to have to once school started back up. To distract myself from reality I started watching Youtube videos, more and more. I was inspired every time I clicked on his/her video. At some point I got tired of sitting to the side, and just watching. I wanted to start my own channel, so I did. Obviously I wasn't the most socially inclined person, so making connections was hard. Not to mention all of the other problems I ran into. For a few weeks I didn't know what to do, all I did was talk to my parents about how I wanted to do this, or that with the channel. They supported me the best they could, but weren't able to get me what I needed at the time, so I waited, and I kept waiting. At some point I got tired of doing nothing, so I downloaded action, and I starting recording my games of SG on minecraft. I didn't say much because I didn't have a microphone to speak into, but I went along anyway. My parents saw this, and one day, they surprised me with a Blue Snowball. That was the point where I became really motivated to get things started. I started recording minecraft survival games, and other mini-games along with commentary. I would join servers asking if anybody else did the same, and eventually I started to come across other small youtubers. My first ever video in which I collabed with another person (I think) was the 6 or 7th episode of my survival games series, and I recorded it along with a kid named Mango who was around the age of 13 at the time. For a while we stuck together, he would give me tips, help with my thumbnails, etc. Because of him I reached 155 subscribers within my first 1-2 months on youtube, he afterwards he just sort of disappeared. During that time I became very depressed, not because he had split away from me, but because I was getting bored with youtube. I didn't enjoy recording minecraft anymore, I just wasn't as passionate. I ended up quitting youtube a few months later... officially. I dragged myself around, and really didn't do anything much in my personal life, but watch TV shows on Netflix. I thought several times that I would get back online, start up another channel, record something else. Every time I attempted to do exactly that I would come to realize that the equipment I had didn't allow me to do anything more than what I had been doing, so I told my family about it. It took some time, but I would start receiving pieces of a brand new setup here and there. New microphone, keyboard, and then finally, a new desktop. My brother had sent me an Alienware x51. When the desktop had arrived in the mail I felt my eyes pop out of my head as I became full of excitement. A few days after receiving it I started a new channel named Snoopid. I reached 100 subscribers before starting a clan with some new found friends and changing to my current name (Rogue Tripex). I didn't get to in depth while telling the actual story because up until halfway through my current school year I experienced major depression, and It was difficult because I was scared to talk to anybody about it. Eventually I split from the group I hung around at the time and started hanging with a new one. Even though they're not perfect, (nobody's perfect) I was able to trust them enough to talk to them about whatever I wanted to, and eventually I stopped caring about what people thought. Now I'm well known between the people in my school because of that. Anyway, I'm happy now, but I'd be even happier if my channel really started growing.
Mind helping out? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC97evo6DYBSWdsD7MybMfLA

If anybody's willing to record some time I play CS:GO, I no longer play minecraft :p

Last edited:

Rogue Tripex

New User
Feb 15, 2016
YouTube
New
Welcome to the Freedom Forum!

Link to the Subscribe Button for your post: http://community.freedom.tm/account/personal-details (Just add the end of the URL not the whole thing)

I don't mind helping out that is an interesting start up story.

Subscribe to my channel please (I will in return). I am trying to get to 200 Subs and would really appreciate your help in getting to that goal. I post gameplays, giveaways, vlogs, and more! Thanks!
Thanks for the help! I subscribed also, hopefully you reach your goal soon!